Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do something and post it up here today. :thumbsup:

:happy3:

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Seems like we have one of these posts every month or so. Some of us don't need a special day because we do nice things whenever we see the chance. Truck stop employee shoveling snow this morning, -9*F. I bought a half dozen chemical hand warmers and handed them to him on my way out. The look on his face was priceless.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Watched an Averitt truck backing toward a bulk truck, figured Averitt driver couldn't see the other truck. Hit the air horns and stopped impending collision.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Watched driver trying to chip ice out of brakes to get rolling. Remembered polytarp I'd seen in dumpster. Fetched tarp and showed driver how to cover drives and use exhaust heat to melt ice. An hour later he was on his way.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
About 6 year old boy knocked a few hotdog trays off counter. Smiled and held the trash lid open while he picked up his mess. Let the bin close and raised a finger to my lips, "Shhhhhh." The look of fear on his face turned to a radiant smile.

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
Last two posts bring to mind the old saying "Silence is Golden" for two valid but different reasons. :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It's like making a donation and asking for the tax form to declare. I don't need a day to remember to be kind- do I fail daily yes. But I try.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kids are off school all week and I have a home office. After telling them 3 times to clean up all their dishes, cups, cuttlery, that is laying all over the house..I looked all 3 of them, straight in the eye and nicely asked them one last time. I am currently quitting smoking and asking them 4 times without fur flying was a sincere act of kindness.

·
Registered
19,196 Posts
Ataboy Cro! Ataboy all of you.
One of my wife's clients is a dyed in the wool Obama supporter with a adorable yet under-petted Portuguese Water Dog just like the president's. When no one was looking I fed the puppy some bacon. Does that count? After all my tasty BLT was reduced to just LT :(

She liked the bacon so I guess she's probably not muslim.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Ataboy Cro! Ataboy all of you.
One of my wife's clients is a dyed in the wool Obama supporter with a adorable yet under-petted Portuguese Water Dog just like the president's. When no one was looking I fed the puppy some bacon. Does that count? After all my tasty BLT was reduced to just LT :(

She liked the bacon so I guess she's probably not muslim.
LOL Fred! I hope it gave the puppy gas...

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
No way, I want my reward. In line to get our kittens spay/neutered I held on to this guys crazy dog while he filled out the paperwork. I deserve an ataboy and I'm getting my ataboy one way or the other. You know it takes 100 ataboys to offset one oh sheet and I'm a little behind right now so give it up.
Animal psycholgist Cro? How did you come to deem his dog "crazy"? I remove one ataboy and award one "Bad Cro!";) Judging others animals as crazy shall be reserved for trigger happy police officers:rolleyes:

Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
2013, you mess the entire point. Did you do anything today besides make a snide comment?

That's all before 08:00, and goes on all day. Real men don't need a special day set aside to be nice. Real men do 20, 30, 40 acts of kindness every day, mostly for total strangers, just because it's the right thing to do. Recognition is meaningless.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
That dog spun me around twice and nearly pulled me off my feet. He wasn't all that big either. I deserve two ataboys for holding on to that dog. Later in the afternoon when I went to pickup our kittens the dog guy was there too and thanked me for helping him that morning. Something he didn't really have time to do in the morning. BTW those two kittens aren't even mine. I was doing a favor for a friend that couldn't get there that morning so I should get a few more ataboys for that but I was trying to be my usual humble self and only ask for the one. And now you want to take that away and give me a Bad Cro to boot? Man, you is a tough scorer. I'm glad you aren't God.
Poor dog was just trying to help you test your equilibrium. You passed. Also for all you know the kittens put him up to it! Kittens are famous for being tricky like that. Probably a last ditch effort to keep their God given reproductive organs intact. Maybe one of those kittens would some day have kittens of their own that would branch out into the world and make a difference? Oh I don't know........ maybe a certain someone would be out walking their portugeses water dog and after giving chase to the cat drag their owner in front of a D.C metro bus or something.

Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
qwerty, I may have "mess" the point, but my act of kindness today is to point out that you "missed" spelling classes. Was that snide enough for you? ;)

On the serious side, stay warm tonight if you are driving, I know those roads back there cannot be much fun. Be safe.

Mike :hello:
Actually, I meant to type exactly what I typed, just to bait you in to messing the point again, thus making my point. Did you catch it that time or should I type a little slower, Mr. Perfectionist?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Kids are off school all week and I have a home office. After telling them 3 times to clean up all their dishes, cups, cuttlery, that is laying all over the house..I looked all 3 of them, straight in the eye and nicely asked them one last time. I am currently quitting smoking and asking them 4 times without fur flying was a sincere act of kindness.
ATTABOY, saskquatch! I remember quitting tobacco. Good thing my kids minded better because they would not have survived four times.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Day 7 was the toughest for me. I went fishing. After that I started to feel a physical improvement that alone made cold turkey worthwhile.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Oh, and today is eat something special for breakfast day, but I can't remember what we are supposed to eat or why.

p.s., I've done nothing kind for anyone today. Don't intend to, either, in honor of the boogers on this forum trying to pick arguments.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts