TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....It sure is slow. New Tw200 owner picked up a 2004 appears to be completely stock(for now). Bike has 10,600 miles on it. Took it for a 90 mile off road mostly ride and this thing is fun. I'm 6'1" and 240lbs so it isn't fast but I knew that going in and I wanted it to ride to the 17 acres I own 5 miles from the house off a gravel road and then up a dirt "mountain". I already ordered new protaper bars and the Shinko 241 tire. Thanks to all of your info and knowledge on this forum. I also changed the oil and filter and replaced the rear shoes as they back brake didn't work at all. So how many miles do you guys have on these things? I bought it from a guy I know who took it on trade for a 4wheeler and said a lot of people interested were worried about the miles. I for one wasn't as I have and had a lot of Yamahas (street bikes and 4wheelers) and the single cylinder engine is about as basic as they come. Heres a couple pics from the first day I rode it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
You are tall. But you do not weigh much more than I.
I am 5-11.5" tall. Nearly as tall as you.

My TW will run up to 65 plus on the two lane highways and I love 40-50mph and almost never on gravel
or dirt.
I'm like a cat, I hate to get dirty and I hate it more when my bikes get dirty.

I ride like a sun of a gun though with over 15,000 miles last year across the nation and around my area in Illinois.
Fact is I'm no pansy but hate mud and dirt however that TW will treat you right and make you smile.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks and I'm sure there will be plenty of Questions. Ive gotten the bike up to 60 mph (according to the speedo) but it takes a while to get there. All my parts should be here by tomorrow and should be back on the road Saturday, which would be great because the weather is supposed to be excellent.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Welcome to he forum J!
And congrats on the TW...you're gonna love it!
Can we all come up and race (putt) around your acreage?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for all the kind words. Got the clutch in this morning and she is good to go again, got my bars and front tire and led bulbs in it this week too. I am going to start a new thread in the Performance and Customizing area with what I did and what I paid for stuff. Probably will get that done Monday as it is a really nice day so Im going to leave work early and ride. Here are some updated pics 20160513_083958_1463146857220_resized.jpg 20160513_084005_1463146859470_resized.jpg 20160513_084015_1463146862097_resized.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to he forum J!
And congrats on the TW...you're gonna love it!
Can we all come up and race (putt) around your acreage?
your welcome to if you want. I have some trails cut but I just bought it last August so I don't have as many trails ready as I would like to. Eventually they will be all around and through the place. (hopefully)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
your welcome to if you want. I have some trails cut but I just bought it last August so I don't have as many trails ready as I would like to. Eventually they will be all around and through the place. (hopefully)
Sounds like a TW work and ride weekend! Many hands make light work. And it's more fun to ride with others.

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts