TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A statement, made by me sometime Sunday Morning:

It's gonna be in the low 70's today, but I have engine work to do on Mrs. Admiral's TW and shouldn't go riding. I'll check back in here later tonight and tell you how good my engine works.
:p

I should be continuing the work on Mrs. Admiral's TW engine

But with the warm weather, I started to Daydream.

This is what I dreamed.

I dream't I rode to Paddock Reservoir. One could see the trail in the lower left leading to the earthen dam with the main reservoir out yonder with beautiful blue water

I dream't the reservoir was more full than I have ever seen it. Usually, the reservoir is much lower and I'm able to continue riding here

I dream't I had to turn around and ride back through one of the creeks filling the reservoir

I dream't I passed a Sheepherders wagon

I dream't of taking a shortcut. Could have been a shortcut in a different century...not sure!

I dream't of life on the Oregon Trail and how hard it was

I dream't I didn't have enough snacks with me

So, today I will put a lot more into finishing Mrs. Admiral's TW engine and a lot less Daydreaming!

·
Registered
548 Posts
So you dream in color....that means your an artist? You also have very high detail pictures in the dream... thats good, but the no snacks - thats bad. The no snacks is about where I wake up and realize that I need coffee to go with the snacks, and by the forth cup of coffee there is no more day dreams...so its back to work.

Love the pics, pretty nice riding. Any fish in that there water?

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love the pics, pretty nice riding. Any fish in that there water?
I don't fish much but I saw a couple of fishermen near one of the boat ramps in my dream!

This is a couple years old but here is an Idaho Fish & Game report for the reservoir for the 2014 season. I don't think it was any better last year. There are reports of Crappie, Bass Bluegill's and "Trophy Bullheads"!

Idaho F&G: Unfortunately, Paddock Valley Reservoir was very low during late fall 2013 as it has been for the majority of the last several years. I would not recommend it as a good use of your valuable fishing time. The only exception might be the trophy bullhead population; :p as they have faired well despite low water levels. Due to the poor snow pack (80% of normal), we do not anticipate that this trend will improve during 2014.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Love the Dreamers...always.

Like it or not...you Sir, are going on Facebook!

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Admiral, why did you need to take Wilbur apart ? Something going on ? Too many Pork Rinds ?
Last fall I was in a hurry to see if Wilbur would run. He did but now I'm paying the price for the rush job...sort of.

Since put back together, it's been burning oil. I was gonna quick hone the cylinder and replace the rings. Elime mentioned replacing the valve seals since it was gonna be apart. I didn't know that and think it's a good idea to replace them too since I didn't know exactly what was causing the oil to leak in. And to top it all off it developed a base gasket leak, but that was preventable by myself. I re-used the base gasket which was originally on it to begin with but in my defense, I didn't expect the engine to run very well with all the pieces and parts from two different engines.

So, in between dreams, I'm getting doing some minor engine catch up repair accomplished. Oh, and I shouldn't forget to give credit to elime reminding me to lap the valves too. Kind of neat working on this stuff except during riding season. Mrs. Admial is chomping at the bit for me to get Wilbur up and running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts