TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1c3535c64381d9529e9d1ea26aef0a4f.jpg Just blowing off steam after seeing entirely too many selfish bad drivers today, many neglecting to use their turn signals as they dart around freeway lanes or make turns from surface streets. images-6.jpeg

·
Registered
806 Posts
An then there's the one who bumps the lever and never shuts it off. Then suddenly decides the car is telling 'em to turn an they do. Right into you.
Maybe it will get better when the self driving units are about. In the interim I avoid high density routes, just too many folks behind the wheel theses days increasing the odds of finding the select few Clowns who who just shouldn't be there. I am not convinced that California is the sole source of this issue. One of my cross country jaunts had me feeling the worst roads and drivers were around Washington DC.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I don't think there are 3 people in Kalifornia other than me that even know what that lever does...
If you count me, then there are exactly three... :rolleyes:

Seriously, this is one of my biggest peeves about other drivers. Face it, most people in cars are little more than misguided missile operators! :eek: m.

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
I don't give a darn about the turns signals. Compared to texting while you drive it is nothing. I see a lot of people looking at the screen instead of out the windshield. I wish they would make the punishment as severe as drunk driving. At least a drunk is looking out the window trying to see where to go, unless it is a drunk texting while he drives. What should the punishment for that be?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I think the problem Is when drivers signal a lane change now the [email protected] drivers in the new lane you want to change into move up and close the space. So people have given up signaling.

·
Registered
604 Posts
If you count me, then there are exactly three... :rolleyes:

Seriously, this is one of my biggest peeves about other drivers. Face it, most people in cars are little more than misguided missile operators! :eek: m.
SO THATS WHAT THOSE THINGS ARE! I didn't know what they are for so i took'em off!:p
HANDGUARDS.jpg

·
Registered
158 Posts
SO THATS WHAT THOSE THINGS ARE! I didn't know what they are for so i took'em off!:p
View attachment 36466
All this time we been calling then things 'lectric hand wavers. Never use e'm 'cause the seem so impersonal compared to waving . For most people we wave with all the fingers, for others just one.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Racing in and out of traffic, changing lanes on the Interstate with or with out the turn signals. What do they call it "aggressive driving"? If I were a Cop and when I see this, there car would be impounded and they would rot in jail. i could fill our jails up with those inconsiderate pricks.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Something I wonder about is what is driver's education like these days? Is it as good as when I was a kid? Or does this even factor into the equation, as it seems that many people can get a drivers license with little to no training, simply read a small book at the DMV, pass most of the test questions, and sometimes take a DMV evaluation spin around the parking lot, say "cheese" pay some $$ and viola! A laminated license for the operation of a potentially destructive device.

Now, I read my above paragraph, and realize it's even much more than that. When I was a kid I did stupid things with & in cars. Very few of us can say we have never drag raced or challenged our driving skills. But, for those of you who have always behaved properly behind the wheel of an auto, you have my greatest respect! Thank you.

I guess Fred's post caused me to reflect on all the categories of poor driving behavior. I believe most of us would agree that short of driving while intoxicated, the next most consistently dangerous driver out there is the driver who either through ignorance or belligerence fails to operate their vehicle in a responsible manner... The results are increased accidents & road rage, and on occasion, MHoMadness going on about the whole issue ad nauseam...

In closing (I promise!) a quick true story. A friend of mine was going to make a left turn off the highway. She turned on her turn signal, only to realize they had suddenly failed, no click or flash! Being a trained driver, she rolled her window down & indicated a left turn using a hand signal. The driver behind her interpreted this as a signal to go around her! A VERY near miss! Sometimes you're damn if you do or don't... m.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
The bus I drive has turnsignals, but the left turnsignal doesn't cancel. ARRRRRGH. Very frustrating to find I've been driving a couple miles with my turnsignal on. DAMNIT!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts