TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right I've added a new motor to the collection. After several months of study and thinking about what I wanted the trigger was pulled with the C.F.O's blessing. So now there is a orange and white 250 two smoke in the stable. This thing is so much better than my last one ( Bultaco) it starts easy and will idle with out loading up. No electric start but it's easy to crank up. Don't worry the Dub,KLR and Harley are not going anywhere. After all they don't work worth a darn cutting down trees. " Yup" I love my new Stihl.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Congrats. I have the best stable for off-road right now and love having two very different choices for very different riding. I have the TW and my orange plated 300 2 stroke. I think you will be very happy :)

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
How do you ride it?😀

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Hi, X,

I thought it would be the new KTM 390 Adventure! :)

I have 2 of those orange Stihl's myself. Great saws.

My newest one has the "easy start"...a great feature for an old geezer like me.

Have you been riding much? I was out riding yesterday for the first time in a few weeks.

Not a good day. Saw a sport bike rider get killed right in front of me....car turned in front of him.

jb

·
Registered
790 Posts
Wait wait wait....I have Stihl equipment too. What the hell did you buy that is 250cc electric start Stihl? Maybe I am missing something. Thought for sure this was KTM related lol.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
What the hell did you buy that is 250cc electric start Stihl? Maybe I am missing something.
250 is the model number...MS250.... 45cc :)

jb

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad I made some of you laugh. J.B. I've done a little local riding but not much else with all the parks closed up. Roe and I did go out and ride some dirt roads in our area. I'm trying to get her comfortable on gravel again and to her credit she did fine and even wanted to continue exploring after I was ready to go home. Real bummer that you had to watch someone get taken out. Kinda makes you think.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I got worried that your skin was starting to turn orange. So relieved that it was just a chainsaw. I have the same one. It always fires right up, and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I do eat a lot of carrots but so far my skin had turned brown from all the sun shine. That's the only good thing about this lock down. Having the time to get outside and get things done has kept me from going nutz.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought a 251 a couple years ago...only my third saw but my first Stihl. I'll never buy another brand although I doubt I'll ever have to. I suspect it will outlive me. All the ash trees on my property have died and I just retired last month so the saw is getting a workout. If I don't cut them now they'll be no good in a couple years....except maybe for campfire wood.....but not the woodstove. Congratulations on your new KTM....umm, I mean saw.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. I think its going to get a real work out in Tennessee. We have a two acre back lot with lots of pine that needs to be thinned. Glad I bought a spare chain!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Nice tractor.
Wish I had an air conditioned cab here in FL.
I've had 3 compact tractors of the orange variety myself....
Every season I look at getting another....with A/C...... but this 20 year old one won't die...

jb

1 - 19 of 19 Posts