TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts came in, just need to wait for the grass to quit growing long enough to get them in. Assumed responsibility for the daughter's lawn with her hubby in the Navy. Really "cutting" into my motorcycle time.:rolleyes:

DSCN8702.JPG

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It rained today so no mowing! First I replaced the rear brake shoes and yup, pulled the pivot, cleaned it up, greased, sanded the rust out of the drum, reassembled with new shoes. The pics below shoe the before and after of the arm position. Also got the new clutch and HD springs in. The Vesrah springs were noticeably longer than the stockers. Hardest part was getting the gasket off the cover. Took a little time and some Permatex gasket remover. I also used some Loctite 243 on the spring bolts, just to be safe. The cover had lots of little gasket pieces from removal so I'm taking the cover to work tomorrow to flush it out good in the parts washer. Reassemble, new filter and oil, and it should be good to go for awhile. The clutch lever had about an inch of free play after reassembly, those friction pads were definitely worn. I'm a little rough on these li'l bikes!

before.JPG

after.JPG

guts.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts