TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never did use the stuff but I’m about to embark on a a seat quick release project. I’d like to copy a fix I’ve seen on the “ Mule nuts” thread where a member JB welds an Allen bolt to an Allen key. My question is: will JB weld really hold the two components together? Thank you

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Clever fix!

JB Quick is, um...quick, but not as strong as Regular JB.

Scratch'm up , degrease, and JB. It'll do fine. I used it to "weld" a socket to a stripped oil drain bolt and it worked like charm.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I use this stuff for all kinds of re-enforcement etc and repairs.

A story.

Son does dirt bike stuff racing and fun. On a desert run, Sierra Trail Dogs Mystery 250 one member hit a rock just right and made a <>1/2" hole in the bottom of the case. Son cleaned it up, roughed up the surface, mixed and shaped the stuff and molded int into the hole. Let it cure and off they went. It did not leak and from my understanding it still does not leak..hahahaaa

When I need it for holding really good for a repair I will drill holes... 1/16 or even larger at angles to the surface, rough up the surface quite a bit then I will kneed the putty into the holes, then smooth the putty around the surface to bond parts. It is some wow stuff!

I keep both the high temp and the regular.

I have all kinds of glues and caulk in my Beer fridge. I have some 2 part epoxy's and super glues etc that are over 15 years old and still like new.

I use both but the putty is what I am talking about.
8297_HighHeat_medium.jpg

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts