TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After roaming around the tech section for a while I decided that I would go ahead and "decalifornia" my cali dub. Plugged and removed the extras and went up from the California 125 jet up to the often recommended 130. Took it out for a good shake down run today. 93 miles of rock, gravel, sand, and around a 7000 foot elevation change all in the Parashant national monument area. (Beautiful day, amazing country, if your ever in the Mesquite NV area drop me a note and I'll take you out there.)
Anyway seat of the pants impression was, as expected, an improvement mostly at higher revs and more towards full throttle. Seemed that bike was pulling hills with just opening up the throttle where as before I was down shifting. Weather was close to the same as when I ran these same hills 2 weeks ago. The down side is that there really isn't a free lunch here. Over all mileage 2 weeks ago running the bike stock was 75.5 MPG. Over all mileage today was 66.9 MPG. Bigger hole = more gas, i get it. but that is a bigger drop than I expected. As small as the our tanks are i hate to give up those ~15 miles. So what do you think is that a normal MPG drop?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
LOL I do agree with Phelonius in principle at least. A better running bike is definitely worth a couple mpg. Me personally? I'm ready for fuel injection! I keep looking at the DR650, but then look at the WRR's fuel injection and go back to it. Then I look at the DR650's torque monster motor and legendary durability (when sorted) and go back to it, then at the WRR's sweet suspension in bone-stock trim and go back to that. It never ends :) I just want a damn new bike already!

When it comes to economy vs. performance, I'll pretty much always choose performance (unless there is an adverse effect on reliability or durability). Tires and brakes, for example...

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Sponge, now you need a Clarke tank with an extra gallon, that's all.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL I do agree with Phelonius in principle at least. A better running bike is definitely worth a couple mpg. Me personally? I'm ready for fuel injection! I keep looking at the DR650, but then look at the WRR's fuel injection and go back to it. Then I look at the DR650's torque monster motor and legendary durability (when sorted) and go back to it, then at the WRR's sweet suspension in bone-stock trim and go back to that. It never ends :) I just want a damn new bike already!

When it comes to economy vs. performance, I'll pretty much always choose performance (unless there is an adverse effect on reliability or durability). Tires and brakes, for example...

that is the way I am leaning. I have a 2013 Zuma scooter with fuel injection. Must say it is amazing. Touch the button and go, no muss no fuss. best scooter I have ever ridden, and i did assembly and mechanical for a local dealer. so i rode around 100 of them. it averages 133 MPG. I have been looking at that injection system wondering if it could be adapted to other bikes. the 50cc is small but there is a 125 version. hmm...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
As to the title of this thread, where is the home court for the MPGs? Are they not over matched against the Jets?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts