TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to up grade my main jet for 2004 model. I can't find jets anywhere for a teikei carb. I upgraded my muffler and air cleaner to a pod. Now I get a popping when I let off the throttle. That is lean right. I do need a bigger jet right?

·
Registered
502 Posts
For the record, I couldn't find a TK #130 anywhere either. I ordered the Khein jets from JetsRUs and they are working fine. Exact same dimensions and thread, regardless of what you may hear. What IS different is that instead of a nut head, it has a slotted screw head. As soon as I can find a genuine Yamaha #130, I'll put it on just to see if there is a difference, but I am happy with the JetsRUs purchase. It did exactly what I was expecting.

I know it's not stock, but my measuring devices are. It works.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=yamaha+motorcycle+parts&oq=yamaha+motorcycle+parts&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=422l6004l0l7057l23l20l0l0l0l0l447l4199l2-4.5.3l12l0

From wherever you order, be sure to understand their shipping policies so you don't get a nasty surprise on the cost. Also, with the pod filter you'll probably need a #132 main. For $3.48, better to buy both because the shipping will probably be more than a second jet.

#125 288-14343-63 Used in 49-state and Canadian TW200s. $3.48 at stadiumyamaha.com

#128 288-14343-64 Used in California TW200s. $3.48 at stadiumyamaha.com

#132 288-14343-66 Used in Australian and South African TW200s. $3.48 at stadiumyamaha.com

The #130 is not a TW part so will not be listed on the TW carb diagram. You will have to order by the part number, which means you'll probably need to give the supplier you choose a call. 288-14343-65 is a valid Yamaha part number for a 130 main for several models. XT600, early XT250, XT550, TY350, and CS340. $3.48 at stadiumyamaha.com

Note that these are old part numbers and some have been superceded by 288-14355-XX, with the XX being about half the jet #.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it pops when I decelerate so that means the Main jet is not providing enough gas right? I thought the pilot was for when you open it up.

·
Registered
918 Posts
The pilot screw is a free adjustment. If the popping is your concern right now, try the free adjustment and see if it stops. A new main could help so could a shim under the needle, but it could also be solved with the pilot screw.

·
Registered
130 Posts
For the record, I couldn't find a TK #130 anywhere either. I ordered the Khein jets from JetsRUs and they are working fine. Exact same dimensions and thread, regardless of what you may hear. What IS different is that instead of a nut head, it has a slotted screw head. As soon as I can find a genuine Yamaha #130, I'll put it on just to see if there is a difference, but I am happy with the JetsRUs purchase. It did exactly what I was expecting.

I know it's not stock, but my measuring devices are. It works.

I just received a TK #130 from powersportsplus. It was 5.88 shipped to my front door.

http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-288-14343-65-00.html

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think the 34 pilot helped tooI did it all and it pulls nicely at all throttle settings

So is the 34 pilot jet actually usable on the TW200? I thought the bike would run too rich with it as it's meant for the TW125. I'd love to try it out...

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
The 200 uses the #31 pilot right to the limit. If necessary to turn the pilot screw out to 3 turns or more, then the pilot jet needs to be changed. If the pilot screw is too far out there won't be enough spring tension to keep the screw from falling out completely. If you switch to a #34 pilot jet, expect to run the pilot screw about 1 to 1.5 turns out, give or take.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Pilot screw is 2 3/4 turns out and spark plug is still whitish and the exhaust pops a lot, so I guess I could give it a try. But I have a homemade air filter that might let too much air in, will replace that first.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Impossible to let too much air in. An engine is an air pump--the more air it pumps the more power it makes. Your homemade air intake may be letting in more air, which would make the carb setting not enough petrol. The solution is more petrol, not less air. To do that, you'll probably need a bigger pilot jet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts