TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To any and all who -like me- read all the reports of rejetting and happy cutomers, +1 for me! Even after reading the all the good reports, I was still happily surprised with the results. The quick start-up, takes throttle right away, mid-surge gone, and throttle response improved. Heck, 1st gear is even usable now. Although, I can easily start in 2nd gear now smoothly. Like others have said, it feels like an extra 50cc or so. It has been said many times, but deserves repeating--just do it, rejet!. I installed an OEM yamha 130 main with five .01 mcmaster carr shimms under the needle. 2.5 turns out on the pilot screw. Installed a new bowl gasket and four m4 x 16mm bolts with 4mm lock washers. I have the dg oval series exhaust with quiet core insert. 1st time jetting for me. I did break the 1st main jet off in the main nozzle due to overtightening. I originally left the carb in place and rotated it to work on it. After breaking the jet, I removed the carb to better judge the amount of force for tightening. In summary, if I can do it, you can do it--thanks to all of the others before us!

Dusty

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Satisfying isn't it. I just did mine as well. I also had to replace the float valve needle and seat, the o-ring was shot. Plus you can clean the whole thing really well taking it off and it doesn't really take any longer to do it right the first time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts