TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our daughter, my wife & I have TW's. We ordered 3 Jimbo Shields just a few days ago, a dark blue and 2 dark smoked, they arrived today and wanted to share how pleased we are. Yes, Jim combined shipping, and overkilled on how well they were packed.

Sapper19

Contact Jim at: [email protected]

Ordering info:

Jimbo: [email protected]

Provide: Full Name and Forum name(if possible.)

Shipping Address.

Phone #

And Color Preference(Grey,Amber, Dark or Light Blue)if ordering.

RIDE WELL EVERYONE!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
they are nice! I ordered one when I first got my bike and love it!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
they are nice! I ordered one when I first got my bike and love it!

The best part...ANYONE (including me) can put the Jimbo Shield on in about 10 minutes.

I am so used to my Jimboshield as far as looks go, I think my bike looks worse without it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's been about three weeks since I've emailed Jimbo, and have yet to hear back. I understand he's a busy man, firefighter and all, so is this a normal wait time? What was your experience and what do you suggest I do. (you being anyone reading this that has an opinion or experience)

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Both my twenty something bikes I just bought came with Jimbos...the new normal, it seems.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
It's been about three weeks since I've emailed Jimbo, and have yet to hear back. I understand he's a busy man, firefighter and all, so is this a normal wait time? What was your experience and what do you suggest I do. (you being anyone reading this that has an opinion or experience)

Thanks

PM sent

·
Registered
157 Posts

Thanks

I emailed Jimbo, received a response in a day or two, did the PayPal thing, had my Windshields over a weekend.

I ordered two Jimbo WindShields on a Thursday and had them by Monday morning. They look great, fit great, easy install... very pleased... Wish he made more farkles for the TW 'cause I'd buy from him again in a heartbeat...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Spoke with Jimbo this morning. He's sent these famous shields all over the world, thousands of them, but he's just an ordinary dude that wants to help people out. While I was on the phone with him he was packaging up the shield, then texted me from the post office when it was sent. Amazingly generous!

$55 total. IMO with the service he provides for a good ol' American product and putting up with some ridiculous people I've seen on here he deserves about twice that! Anyone with any qualms about whether or not to get a Jimbo shield needs to pull the trigger, they seem to be the "norm" amongst TW experts and old timers, which says a whole lot!

All that and I haven't even got mine yet. I'll post some detailed pics when I do.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Spoke with Jimbo this morning. He's sent these famous shields all over the world, thousands of them, but he's just an ordinary dude that wants to help people out. While I was on the phone with him he was packaging up the shield, then texted me from the post office when it was sent. Amazingly generous!

$55 total. IMO with the service he provides for a good ol' American product and putting up with some ridiculous people I've seen on here he deserves about twice that! Anyone with any qualms about whether or not to get a Jimbo shield needs to pull the trigger, they seem to be the "norm" amongst TW experts and old timers, which says a whole lot!

All that and I haven't even got mine yet. I'll post some detailed pics when I do.

Almost nine days...where's the pics?....pop corn munching!.......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Any feedback on the airflow from these shields? Where does the flow typically hit you now? Shields seem so low that they wouldn't push above head. Just mitigate rain/mud?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Almost nine days...where's the pics?....pop corn munching!.......

Haha! Hope you don't have a tummy ache! I'm a med student so my "free time" to post these things will generally be limited. I appreciate the patience. Here's the view.

The main difference in air flow that I could tell is that it takes some of the pressure off the chest. Still get a facefull of wind, but the surface area for drag and fatigue is lowered. I was cruising around for a couple of hours in Glendale the other day and felt completely comfortable. I didn't feel as though I was "hanging on" as much, although that was little in the first place.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Haha! Hope you don't have a tummy ache! I'm a med student so my "free time" to post these things will generally be limited. I appreciate the patience. Here's the view.

The main difference in air flow that I could tell is that it takes some of the pressure off the chest. Still get a facefull of wind, but the surface area for drag and fatigue is lowered. I was cruising around for a couple of hours in Glendale the other day and felt completely comfortable. I didn't feel as though I was "hanging on" as much, although that was little in the first place.

Med. student...surprised you have time to sleep!...wasn't aware.....thanks for showin!.I presume the shield mounts behind the headlight shroud and in front of the speedo?.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I presume the shield mounts behind the headlight shroud and in front of the speedo?.

That is absolutely correct. One standard screw to remove, pop of some bushings, slide a washer, shield, and bushing back on, and voila... Jimbo Shield Installed. (w/screw back in)

·
Registered
124 Posts
"...I presume the shield mounts behind the headlight shroud and in front of the speedo?. "

Yes, Jim includes detailed instructions; easy and quick to install. I got mine a month ago; great service and product.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Without the shield, the wind tends to hit you in the stomach. The jimbo shield puts the wind on the upper part of your chest. It doesn't get in the way when your standing either.

It's a great product from a great guy! If you don't already have one, your missing out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts