TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to ordering the shield. Jim was great to deal with on the phone, and via email. He shipped it out the same day I ordered it. It arrived today. Jim does an outstanding job of packaging the shield so it is not damaged in transit. The shield looks great. All shiny and pretty -- good quality material -- no distortions. Installation was easy-peasy. It's entirely unnecessary, but I'm going to post the install just because, 1) I'm excited to finally get the shield and 2) as a frustration relief because I've been trying for hours to do this with my new tablet in an attempt to learn how to use the darned thing and for every problem I resolve, another pops up so I gave up, hopped on the laptop and here it is:

Remove the phillips screw from the cowling:

Remove the cowling by pulling the tabs out of the grommets (both sides):

Remove the grommets (that picture got lost in the shuffle somehow)

Included are two neoprene spacers. Put those on where the grommets go:

Place the shield over the spacers, ensuring the spacers are within the holes of the shield:

Replace the grommets:

Replace the cowling (don't forget the phillips at the bottom):

What it looks like installed:

Tools required for the job; a phillips screwdriver and a small screwdriver or similar to help get the grommets off over that lip:

I didn't make time to ride the bike today, but I'm eager to get it on the road and test the difference. It's a bit hard to motivate myself to ride when visibility is less than a mile. If you noticed an orange tint to the photos, that's the fire smoke turning the sun red/orange.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Another way to get the grommets off is to lubricate the posts with soapy water and then just pull them off. That way there's no chance of damaging the grommets with a metal tool.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An excellent thought, thanks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
These are a sweet addition to the bike, if for no other reason than they finish off the look of the cowl that is just kind of wrong without the screen. So easy to install too.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got to put about 80 miles on her today. The shield definitely moves the air off my chest. I cannot say for sure, but I really think that shield makes this bike good for a few more MPH on the top end.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well I got to put about 80 miles on her today. The shield definitely moves the air off my chest. I cannot say for sure, but I really think that shield makes this bike good for a few more MPH on the top end.

My impressions too. Not earthshaking, just noticeable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thats sweet! if you dont mind me asking...whats one of those shields set a person back...shipping and all? I do alot of pavement riding and thiunk it would help alot.

Thanks and God Bless

·
Registered
374 Posts
thats sweet! if you dont mind me asking...whats one of those shields set a person back...shipping and all? I do alot of pavement riding and thiunk it would help alot.

Thanks and God Bless
$55 delivered and you don't pay until after you get it, JimboC is a good guy. If you want to order, just drop him a PM or email him at [email protected].

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup on the order info, and thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Another extremely happy customer with the product and ESPECIALLY the exceptional customer service from Jimbo !

Installation was a breeze.

Sorry the image is not great, but I have been riding longer than I've been taking photos. (not sure they had cameras when I started??)

·
Registered
206 Posts
My 2009 came with the shield on it already. I really didnt like the "looks" of it. but comparing the force of the wind with it on my 09 and without on my 99 ...there is a HUGH difference. It will stay on my 09, im a fan of function over form so its a keep!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Easy to take off if needed later too. I have my bike in the back of my tall 4x4 truck at times when going into a low ceiling parking gagages I take mirrors and jimbo shield off. Luckily dont have to take gromments off and can just flex shield and it comes off (after removing cowl).

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...I really think that shield makes this bike good for a few more MPH on the top end.
While I was dinking around with the new bars, trying to get everything right, I took off the shield and put it back on just to test this theory. I'll say it again, I really think this shield makes top speed a bit easier to attain. If you're looking for a little more on the top end, I think this shield is a good place to start.

Shellmoney, you picked the right shield for that bike -- looks good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just put my JimboC windshield on today. As with many other post I've read I'm am very pleased. Great product, great service, and great packaging. If you are capable of removing and reinstalling one Phillips head machine screw, you shouldn't have any trouble putting this thing on your bike. This was a gift from my wife, I am going to have to return the favor and get one for her bike.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
hi,

anyone know if jimbo still checks his email? i'm emailed him twice regarding a windshield and haven't gotten a response.

thanks

·
Registered
572 Posts
He's probably out of town or something. He's always been good about getting back to folks; even if you're not buying anything.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
He's probably out of town or something. He's always been good about getting back to folks; even if you're not buying anything.
talked to him today, when he called me, what a good guy. will be buying one from him soon.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts