TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the honor of meeting Jimbo last week. I was working in SoCal and he was nice enough to stop by and show me the excellent windshields he makes for our bikes after I contacted him to let him know I was interested (I'll be buying two). Great guy, super friendly.

IMG_0228.JPG

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have one on my TW. Very well built, easily installed. It does cut the wind down at higher speeds.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Jimbo is way cool. Love my café shields.

·
Super Moderator
18,060 Posts
Yamaha should put them on from the factory. They add so much to the little TW's.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, a few more inches would be nice :rolleyes:
I spoke with Jimbo about this issue. He experimented with several prototypes before settling on the size. Lots of talk about vortices, but what caught my attention was hill climbing. If the windshield is too tall, then you risk getting a karate chop to the neck from it when you're leaning forward tackling a bumpy hill. The current height reduces that possibility while keeping a substantial portion of the wind off your chest at speed. This reduces arm fatigue during longer rides.

·
Super Moderator
18,060 Posts
I shot him a text telling him you were looking. Be patient, he sometimes takes a day or two to get back to you... Great guy/great shield.
Help......trying to reach Jimbo to get a shield. Been using this email [email protected].
got it off an old thread

BodypacTW

Reactions: skase98 and Purple

·
Registered
13,727 Posts
Help......trying to reach Jimbo to get a shield. Been using this email [email protected].
got it off an old thread

BodypacTW
Jim is a firefighter in California. With the big fires in California right now he could be up there fighting them and not be available. When He's free he will get back to you for sure. Be patient.

·
Super Moderator
18,060 Posts
Reactions: joeband

·
Registered
13,727 Posts
Makes sense, I never think about it until it gets cold brrrr...

Not trying to persuade you from buying a Jimbo shield, Mrs. Admiral has one on her TW, but there are alternatives if you're riding in the cold. This is my Slip Streamer "Spitfire" I use when it's chilly. I have ridden with it on the trail but you have to be careful if you stand up going uphill as the top of the windshield could hit you. I haven't done that but it could happen.

Prices usually vary from $60-$90 so shop wisely if this interests you.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=slipstreamer+spitfire+windshield&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=177568000980&hvpos=1t2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=4359839799109381758&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9029609&hvtargid=kwd-12320716569&ref=pd_sl_5yd0pkax5w_b

Just a thought

·
Registered
779 Posts
I like that shield, but first blush, I think it would eliminate my front gun rack. I also have a thing about winshields and my throat. An old Yamaha snowmobile I road in the 80s had a similar height and I hit it a couple of times going over the bars, made me nervous for sure. If I was on road and riding any distance, that would be perfect! I am more interested in being able to duck low on my occasionaly short trips to the woods during inclement weather.

·
Registered
779 Posts
So as luck would have it today, I am burning down a dirt road on the Mighty Punisher TW, headed back from a trip to the woods, when I hammered a big hole right before the road turns to black top. The sun was low, so the hole looked "full" in the shadows. I hit so hard that my arms hit the mirrors and my chest hit the dashboard. Phone mount was knocked sideways and the stuff in my utility bed aka "milk crate" got toseed out. I probably went from 40 to 20 mph in a few feet.

1. I cant believe the front MT21 held up. I am very impressed!
2. No clue what would have happened, but I am glad I did not have a tall fixed shield. I would have hit it for sure, probably with my helmet, but still made me squirm thinking of it after.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thank you Admiral for covering my back. Yes I am on the Sonoma fires. We've been out since the 8th of this month, I'm sitting in my tent resting up for tomorrow's assignment, I should be home by the 22nd and able to fill orders then, please pass the word & thanks again Admiral you and all the TW riders are a great bunch of friends. Warmest regards Jimbo C.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts