TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Jimbo windshield this week. It arrived in 2-3 days as stated. The installation went exactly as the directions indicated. I put a little 303 protectant on the rubber bushings to ease removal and reinstallation and that made things very easy. It's also on an older bike (1998) and you never know what's going to happen when you go tugging on rubber parts. I can honestly say it took longer to get the protective film off of the windshield prior to installation than the installation itself, and that's not a criticism as it came well packaged and pristine. Thank you for providing a great product at a reasonable price that arrived on time and in one piece! Sorry no photo as my bike is under a cover to keep it from melting in this heat!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I know Jimmy personally and he's a great guy and, a great person to do business with. I've had mine on now for about 5 weeks and it's still perfect. I even might order up a second one just 'cause I like different colors.
Scott

·
Registered
20,469 Posts
An impressive man on so many levels, no wonder his JimboShield is so good. And popular! I am so used to seeing them that a stock TW look naked without one.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
And they are damn good looking with a great price!

·
Registered
968 Posts
I've had mine on for 3 years, a smoked finished one, still looks new. It helps keep wind off chest area at higher speeds well and looks like from factory perfect fit. Well done!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Another plus- my bow fits perfectly with the stabilizer on one side and the sight on the other. It literally acts as a bow mount.
Wow! That's an almost loaded Tdub. I was thinking you had used every spot available and then I saw it. The un-used front rack! Nice try though. LOL (totally kidding. I am impressed!)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ap Wow! That's an almost loaded Tdub. I was thinking you had used every spot available and then I saw it. The un-used front rack! Nice try though. LOL (totally kidding. I am impressed!)[/QUOTE said:
Ha! I was hoping to tie down some fresh meat on that front rack!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I bought mine about 5-6 months ago and, I've got a Paypal statement of $73.36 for mine.
Scott

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
And worth it too. Yamaha should put them on at the factory they look so good.
I bought mine about 5-6 months ago and, I've got a Paypal statement of $73.36 for mine.
Scott

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks, it definitely looks factory. But for that I could also get a much larger one, undecided on what route to go now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It doesn't do much for shielding wind, but it does complete the look of the bike.

Reactions: Deezil

·
Registered
177 Posts
But they're so difficult to install...:D

I was surprised one came with my bike. I took it off originally, but it's back on and as commented, it's a great upgrade.

·
Registered
507 Posts
It doesnt do anything with wind? Looks like it would flip some off your chest?
Yeah, it's minimal deflection of any type. It's way more of a look than functional. But, even if it does deflect ANY wind, that's a bonus. I think they just look cool. Here's a pic of my first T-dub I had several years ago with one of Jimmies first windshields. He'd just started making them when we were working opposite shifts. So, I ordered one up waaaaaaaaaay back then.
Scott

Attachments

Reactions: Deezil

·
Registered
968 Posts
It doesnt do anything with wind? Looks like it would flip some off your chest?
I find that it does deflect air from chest to neck area when cruising on road - at about 50 mph

1 - 20 of 25 Posts