TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Jimbo still making his windshields? If so could anyone pass on his contact info. Thanks for the help!

Matt

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got one from him about a month ago, I heard he is a fireman and works long hours

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello All,

I emailed him about a month ago, it took a little bit to get a reply, but as soon as I did I placed my order and rec'd my windshield/fairing 5 days later. I suggest being patient or just following the directions and place your order. I'm pretty sure the old forum tells you exactly what info is needed and where to send the paypal money. The windshield/fairing is well worth the short wait.

Ride often and ride well.

See ya'

Marty

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've looked at these windshields and they definitely LOOK nice a sturdy, but what exactly are they good for? If they deflect wind I would absolutely invest in one since I ride my TW 8 miles each way to work, most of which is 55mph. They just look too small to be of any real benefit (other than looking cool). Can anyone fill me in on how well they work?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've looked at these windshields and they definitely LOOK nice a sturdy, but what exactly are they good for? If they deflect wind I would absolutely invest in one since I ride my TW 8 miles each way to work, most of which is 55mph. They just look too small to be of any real benefit (other than looking cool). Can anyone fill me in on how well they work?

I think they're mostly for the looks, and I agree they look pretty nice. I kinda doubt they do much for the wind, cause I have a 500 that has a little racer windshield thing and it doesn't do much to keep wind off, but still looks cool.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It does cut some chest[wind ]pressure but it is not a full windshield-but I wouldn't want one on a TW.The aesthetics are quite pleasing;I get a lot of "Where can I get one?"

·
Registered
231 Posts
they do bump the wind up enough to keep my big ass head from getting pushed around at 50+mph. makes a difference in cold weather too cos it pushes the cold blast over my helmet instead of it hitting me right in the chin/upper chest. im 6'2" so it may be more beneficial for me than others but its cheap, easy to install, and looks great even if you dont notice a huge difference in wind deflection.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ive sent an e-mail to Jimbo and I am waiting patiently for a reply. I intend to order a windscreen for my 2009 TW. Does anyone know the approximate price of the windscreen?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I also e-mailed Jimbo about his shields, now that I finally decided to buy two I hope that they're still available!

I need to quench my lust for a bigger touring bike by modding my TW right now!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Seems to me that mine was $55 shipped to my door. It does deflect some of the wind off your chest and reduces fatigue on long rides. not to mention the cool factor

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts

You didn't have to respond if it's to much work....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts