TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote to him about ordering but no answer yet. Is this still available - anyone used them - know the cost

RR

·
Registered
976 Posts
The cost of a Jimbo shield? Less than it's worth!

If Yamaha had any sense they would have partnered with Jimbo years ago and made his shield standard equipment for every TW.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Just got mine - love it! IMG_20130819_172938.jpg

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
He got back to me in a few days and the shield was here a few days later. Took every bit of 2 minutes to install! Love it.

GaryL

·
Registered
422 Posts
He got back to me in a few days and the shield was here a few days later. Took every bit of 2 minutes to install! Love it.

GaryL
Don't know the current price but I do remember thinking, "This is to cheap not to have!". That was five years ago.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
I don't believe it is proper etiquette to post another guys prices or phone number on the open forum.

GaryL

·
Registered
29 Posts
At what speed does Jimbo's shield become effective? I have had my bone stock 2013 TW up to 50 with no noticeable buffeting. Maybe I just got lucky with my helmet choice?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think I sent him $56 last month. I could not decide which color, so he sent me pictures of many bikes to look at. I think we spoke on a Wednesday and I had a shield in the mail box on Saturday. All he asks is to send him a check when you get it . Wow, talk about a great man. Anyway, before the shield, the wind would hit my chest at about 45 mph, Im 5'5" , and now I can ride with my chin bar/shield open and the wind goes over my head. Best thing other than bar risers I put on my bike.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Once you see a Jimbo Shield on a TDub, a TDub doesn't look right without one. One of the BEST things Yamaha could ever do for the TW is make the Jimbo Shield an OEM part. It makes it look better and...well that is the best reason we need.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can't decide on these. They look so darn cool, but I cherish the wind flow to the front of my body during those 100+ degree days. Does this make much of a difference in airflow at city speeds (45mph max)? I'm a pretty short dude. Or does it, in fact, better channel the air up against your upper body?

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
I can't decide on these. They look so darn cool, but I cherish the wind flow to the front of my body during those 100+ degree days. Does this make much of a difference in airflow at city speeds (45mph max)? I'm a pretty short dude. Or does it, in fact, better channel the air up against your upper body?
TWs are just cool without a Jimbo shield but a little cooler with one and it has nothing to do with wind or temperature. I suppose they might deflect some wind turbulence in certain circumstances but for my ride it has more to do with the bugs I didn't have to eat.

Just for some fun, you might want to check with Lizrdbrth and see if he can hook you up with an AC unit to go with his fantastic oil coolers for your area.:)

I do have to say I get quite a kick out of some of this stuff. The TW is a pretty well thought out bike for what it is intended to do. All this stuff we talk about is not much more than creature comforts and some tweaking we do to make the bikes our own for our own special needs and desires. You don't need a Jimbo Shield but they sure are a nice addition that does more for the cosmetics than it ever will for function. I am keeping my Jimbo shield just because I like the way it looks on my TW.

GaryL

·
Registered
493 Posts
One thing that I do notice is that at 60+MPH I do have less air pushing me back on the seat.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
One thing that I do notice is that at 60+MPH I do have less air pushing me back on the seat.
I notice that as well but it is a very rare occasion when I ever get up to 60 MPH on my T Dub so I consider it a moot issue where others might not. Most of the time when I am cruising around I am doing between 30-45 MPH and I don't notice much difference with or without the shield other than it just looks great and like the TW should have come with it from the factory.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Well, this is odd! I get the email notice that willianemack is asking "I have the same question as winks. Come on guuys, how 'bout a responce." but I can't see it here in the thread.

Any way, I do notice a positive buffeting effect at around 55 MPH and maybe a bit sooner with my shield. If i had to guess, and I do, I would say those who typically ride above 50 MPH will get the most benefit. For us old farts in the slow lane the shield is more like a badge of honor for one of our members and it just looks cool and keeps the rain off my speedo.

GaryL

·
Registered
63 Posts
just talked to jimbo on the phone....(really nice guy).....got a dark blue shield on the way....$59 delivered.....paid him using paypal.....cant wait!.....will post pictures asap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts