TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While exploring some sixties rock I came across this gem. Considered a cult classic now it was rather extreme for it's day. Notice towards the end the dumbfounded young audience in their suits and narrow ties. They just didn't get it at all. Few probably realized they were watching history in the making.
Say, isn't that Mel playing the bass guitar ?

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll listen to this in another window while perusing all your posts. Enjoy if possible.

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more you either can either respect or hate from Woodstock. Few remember that Jimi Hendrix served in the 101st airborne . I guess he had earned the right to play the national anthem. Tolerance and a little understanding of his past . before you condemn him for being driven to overdose on heroin.

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hoot, does your wife still think you were in Vietnam in August '69? Could have swore I saw you behind Grace there..

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I don't think Jimi was ahead of his time. I think he transcends time. The older I get the more I'm drawn back to it...

Seems like he would get his fingers tied up in the strings and then come out of it with a good riff.

Thanks Fred. First time I heard that version of Joe.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I am just a tad to young to have experienced Woodstock, but have enjoyed every documentary of it that I have ever seen. The music of that era is still my favorite. Thanks for the memories Freddy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My favorite Jimi album which I tracked down on vinyl is the Band of Gypsys live recordings. It doesn't feature any of the more well known song, but boy is it good!

·
Registered
796 Posts
One of my fav Jimi quotes "It's not the notes you play, it's about the spaces
between the notes" He was quite the innovator, long before elaborate digital effects.
Makes me sad that like all the old Bluesmen, his music couldn't get air play here
due to the color of his skin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts