TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill! Believe it or not I got it for the (top secret hills) I found here as well as the sand of corce. There will be pics and video as soon as this darn blizzard passes!

IMG_5873.JPG

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why, Why would you do that? Now I feel like I need one...maybe the 350 though...

Awesome. Looks like it is in good shape. Trade or $$?

Considering im going to use it on steep hill I wanted to keep the weight down. If it was just for sand blasting I would have gotten a 359 though. I reallyvwanted quiet and sneaky :)

Trade and dollars. Been watching for a good one for many years. This one has electric start and a kicker.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go ride that beast in the snow and take pics! Keep doing laps. ...
The beginning and the end of this video:

·
Registered
13,333 Posts
Looks like it could be fun!

Nothing against the Big Wheels (or Fat Cats) because they are cool, but watching this video is why I bought the TW for and be legal on the road to get there. My riding has broadened much more since I actually bought on.

I was on the lookout for a BW or FC I couldn't believe how much they wanted for one and the lack of numbers for sale. It looks like you got a great deal and will have a ton of fun with it!

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nothing against the Big Wheels (or Fat Cats) because they are cool, but watching this video is why I bought the TW for and be legal on the road to get there. My riding has broadened much more since I actually bought on.

I was on the lookout for a BW or FC I couldn't believe how much they wanted for one and the lack of numbers for sale. It looks like you got a great deal and will have a ton of fun with it!
The only solution is to have one of each! LOL. I've been looking for years. this is the first real nice one I've found. It's mostly for my son.. at least that's

The thing about that video, BW or TW. Imagine riding on what looks like a near cliff over a river (look close) and having wet branches and leave hitting you in the face.. yikes. 2:22 on the video.

·
Registered
13,333 Posts
The only solution is to have one of each! LOL. I've been looking for years. this is the first real nice one I've found. It's mostly for my son.. at least that's

The thing about that video, BW or TW. Imagine riding on what looks like a near cliff over a river (look close) and having wet branches and leave hitting you in the face.. yikes. 2:22 on the video.
lol, rear rider giving the front rider grief to keep his feet off the ground to look professional. So says the rider in shorts! Said in fun I know.

BW's suffer the same ground clearance issue TW's do sometimes, and I noticed the second rider cheating with his feet. :p

The face slap, creek riding, single track trails these guys rode reminded me of my Dagget Creek Ride a couple years ago. Especially, the face slap creek riding part! I bet the BW is a blast to ride in the sand with those wide tires.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That video portrays what I like about riding most. Exploring, Great video there Admiral.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just in case anyone is interested, here is a side by side comparison of a Duro ATV tire on a TW200 (left), a stock TW tire on a TW200 (middle), and a stock BW tire on a BW200 (right).
When you put the Douro on a TW it looks like it really raises the rear axle up from the ground, how do you compensate up front? I know many ways exist, just wondering what you did on that particular bike?

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just in case anyone is interested, here is a side by side comparison of a Duro ATV tire on a TW200 (left), a stock TW tire on a TW200 (middle), and a stock BW tire on a BW200 (right).
Just imagine the size tires width wise that will fit on this rear wheel: 12x8" Wide.
IMG_5880.PNG

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
When you put the Douro on a TW it looks like it really raises the rear axle up from the ground, how do you compensate up front? I know many ways exist, just wondering what you did on that particular bike?
That picture is probably a little misleading. With the squarish profile of the Duro, it does not roll over like the stocker when it is resting on the sidestand. I would guess that the Duro is about 2" taller than the stocker, so the axle is raised by about 1". I did not do anything with the front end to compensate for this change in the rear.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts