TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Woohoo, Joemama just got a bright and shiny new right knee to replace his old, rusty, crusty and worn-out original one that was well beyond its expiration date :D! He now has approximately the same amount of metal in his legs that he puts into his extended swingarms :eek:.

Here's hoping that he will have a speedy recovery and will soon be back to chasing his wife around and splashing that pesky Joeband on every watercrossing ;).

Take care Joe,

Brian

Registered
Here's to a speedy recovery to a speedy TW rider/fabricator. I don't think I need an extended swingarm, but I want one. hahaha Best wishes from the middle Joemama.

Registered
Thanks for the comments folks. This actually my second after market knee. The first one is failing and needs a revision. At this point I would like to do it asap. We will see how it plays out.
We ha well seen the graciousness of TWBrian with his parts and knowledge resources. He has come through again. A couple of weeks ago, Brian made the three hour drive to drop off several therapy items for me to use. We had a nice relaxed conversation. We discussed several forum members that day. It should be EASY to figure out what we talked about our good friend Fred. It probably will be quite some time before I get a chance creek splash Joeband, so I'll just have a full bucket waiting for him. Hope to the guys sooner than later.
Joemama

Registered
Heal well! I hope post-op discomfort is kept to a minimum.

I had my hand worked on April 1st and it is still tender though no where near as tender as it was. However, physical torture, errr..... I mean physical therapy is quite thrilling. I will be glad when it is done.

The best of luck to you Joe.

Registered
Will this new knee speed up or slow down possible adventures northwards? I鈥檒l probably have to get one of them knees one day myself. First hand experience...moonshine helps heal. I thank you for the prescription. Of course maybe not mix the moonshine with other more professional healing medications. :p

Registered
geez joemama...

if you don't heal fast enough, i'll have to crawl through the waterholes just for old time's sake... heal well, and fast.

joe band

Registered
a reminder of future rides...
1 (4).jpg
joemama warming up

1 (5).jpg
mr gizmow explaining to joemama that speed helps create a bow wave

Registered
Best wishes for effective pain management during the recovery, take it easy.
Once you mobile with some free time perhaps we can just cruise some mellow scenic blacktop with fellow Nor-Cal nutjobs.

Registered
Percodan, Vicodin, and Tylenol with codeine never worked very well for me. All they did was upset my stomach and give me constipation.
Thanks to an unnammed source, my pain is now relieved effectively though do not mix it with the above.

Thank you again unnamed source, my Moab 19 back pain was relieved nightly...except for the last night because I had to drive home the next day.:p

Registered
I had an "Attune" artificial knee inserted in July 2017. Made by Depuy, Johnson and Johnson. It never healed right. My range of motion is horrible, and is severely swollen all of the time. I can barely get in and out of a car. I went to a highly recommended "botched" knee revision surgeon. They took tons of pictures. No sign of tibial loosening, but comment from radiologist said 10% chance it could be loose. When the new surgeon read my records and saw that I had an Attune joint, he said he thinks that there is a 80% chance it has come unglued. Asked me when I want to have a revision.
I don't even want to think about going thru that again. I only have 60 miles on my TW.
Google Attune knee joints. The surfaces are too smooth, and the glue doesn't stick.
There are hundreds of lawsuits pending.

Just my luck.
woof

1 - 20 of 21 Posts