TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been lurking here for a while and was convinced that this bike would be the perfect machine for me to explore the NJ Pinelands. Ive beeen riding a quad back there for a bit now, but have grown tired of looking over my shoulder for the man :) Ill never get rid of my quad, but at least now I can cross over Route 9, drive into the woods and have some fun. My friend just bought an SSR 250 Dual Sport and I really like it alot, it appears to be one of the higher quality machines from China and he likes it alot after a few adjustments to the ergos. I was going to pull the trigger on the same bike but after sitting on it, I realized that the seat height was a bit high for my 30" inseam. Im built like Magilla Gorilla....long torso, short legs....Anyway, stopped by the local Yamaha dealer today and sat on a 2015 leftover Tdub and bought it.....So, this is me saying Hi, if anyone from the Ocean County NJ area feels like getting together for a ride in the barrens, let me know

thanks for all of the great info so far!

John

·
Registered
88 Posts
Leftover 2015s are the fastest TW's of the breed. Fluke at the factory, the 15's got race engines by mistake. Or something like that. :p Welcome!

PS: your gorilla comment reminds me of the Monk character in the 1930's Doc Savage pulp novels. Great stuff, loved those novels. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

·
Registered
319 Posts
The greatest forum on the net. Welcome to it.

However it was the 2013's that got all the unofficial race engines. Sorry. Hehe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts