TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I shouldn't tease Josh since he is such a superb rider off road. He'll probably use me for traction on the next ride for showing but I can't resist. Part of the video catches a mud hole on the Rubicon Ride that grabbed Josh's bike and just wouldn't let go. We were on way back from Parking Lot in Sky and were all getting a good workout. Hiding in dark water was something serious enough to stop that churning BigHorn2

I had a good day but totally forgot everyone else had not had time to acclimate to 7,000 ft + elevation after leaving sea level. It makes a difference. No wonder everyone slept well that night.
I thought I had trimmed video at 3 minutes for the mud hole, thus the title. Somehow I loaded 8 minutes full raw clip. Oh well, shows more of moderate Rubicon terrain. Other sections can seem significantly more challenging . Enjoy, I found more clips exported from camera into obscure part of laptop memory so I will try to figure how to process and post more.

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
Nice to know there is a road worse than the buffalo hump road!:D

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Glad that Fred passed me while filming. I kept putting down my feet and was getting quite tired and sweating away! I would like trying to tackle the entire trail when its a lot cooler....and maybe use an old helmet that I don't care about sweating away in....

·
Registered
19,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I passed all you Sea Level FlatLanders! Or maybe you just let me by since I knew the way home to the cold beer. Come back up and breathe some nice pure rarefied mountain air, acclimation is the answer.
B-dub is so correct, I have had my TW stuck many a time. So much more safe and relaxing now to ride with a buddy or two or six to help get unstuck. I have also turned around more than a few times while alone quoting "better safe than sorry". But not every time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts