TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a new chain and 55 tooth rear sprocket. I found on amazon a 55 tooth JT sprocket for $25 and a package with that and a JT 428 130 link chain for $42. Anyone know about this brand? Seems a little cheap to me but I thought I'd ask. If not what brand should I look for and where?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
They're great/fine. As far as I could tell when I changed mine it was better quality than the stock sprocket. Of course I'm not sure if that is saying much?
If the cost bothers you I'll buy it and charge you $75.00 to make you feel better. :)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Would be nice to hear some long term reports. The website looks good. I generally stick to name brands but they were all unknown brands at one time too so I try to keep an open mind.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
To me; JT Sprockets is a name brand. May be the first aftermarket sprocket I ever purchased years ago; and the first place that comes to mind when looking for one.

A cycle magazine article on them says they hit the market in the early '80s; and they account for 60% of ALL aftermarket sprocket sales in the world.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts