TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I replaced a fork boot with an OEM one that was over priced and now it is split open. I replaced the other one with an after market boot that is much thicker rubber and looks like it will last. I should have replaced both boots with the aftermarket ones at the same time. Live and learn. Beware of over priced and poor quality OEM fork boots. On a positive, that is the only thing I have had to gripe about in over 13,000 miles of trail riding so I have no regrets about buying this fun little bike.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I agree. I bought a set of black ones two years ago and they cracked. It seems that the new ones are cheaper than the ones made 20 years ago. I bought some Daystars and though there weren't a perfect fit, they do work great and they are half the price of crappy stock ones.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
When I was looking for new fork boots I think OEM Yamaha were about $40 each. Aftermarket generic size were $17 for the pair. The lower end fit was a little large and I had to use a plastic tie strap but so what! They work great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts