1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Hey thanks for posting. This looks like it would be pretty darn handy. A great piece to add to a motorcycle adventure kit (along with the usual spare tube, brake and clutch levers, zip ties, wire, duct tape, and Blue Magic Quicksteel Epoxy Putty [this stuff is awesome for quick trail repairs by the way!]). Sadly, one more on a big list of things that I could technically buy but can't afford. Being poor sucks.

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for posting. This looks like it would be pretty darn handy. A great piece to add to a motorcycle adventure kit (along with the usual spare tube, brake and clutch levers, zip ties, wire, duct tape, and Blue Magic Quicksteel Epoxy Putty [this stuff is awesome for quick trail repairs by the way!]). Sadly, one more on a big list of things that I could technically buy but can't afford. Being poor sucks.

Believe me, I know what poor is. I can't afford one either, but it looked pretty nice. I really don't need one, but it's fun looking.;) I am sure that some members will find this a great backup unit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently purchased the Anti-Gravity battery as a birthday present for myself. I saw one used a couple years ago to start a cruiser motorcycle & decided I had to have one LOL.
I saved up for it, but in the mean time, they came out with one a little more powerful that will start a diesel truck.

I've had it a couple months now & have started 3 vehicles so far. The package its contained in is about the size of a spiral notebook. When I pull it out people think its just a small set of cables, not a self contained system.

Amazon.com: Antigravity Batteries AG-XP-10 USB: Automotive

-JIM

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Elime, I know how you like to save money (;)) me too. When I dropped my bike last fall and could not pick it up on my own, once upright, it was very hard to start. In the beginning, I upgraded my 2006 with a kick starter. In the past, the k. start has been fine. What I have since noted, at 66 I don't have a lot of reserve kicking power. During the above incident, the bike took a bit more time to start. The lift attempts had me pretty tired, so I was only good for a half dozen kicks before resting. The bikes battery needed a rest as well. For me, this is simply another back-up. As well perhaps, something to make my bike a little harder to pick-up next time. :eek: Gerry

·
Registered
1 Posts
My son was gifted a TW200 by my Dad recently. On their first foray into trail riding, the bike was very close to not starting...due to him restarting it so many times in the mud, and the lack of a kickstarter. Since he'll be riding this to school most days, and bc of the woods riding-I purchased him a portable battery jumper for Christmas. It's made by Suaoki, is small enough for his back pack, and was rated highly in the reviews. My only issue, is that it does not come with a permanent pigtail connection, such as he has with the BatteryTender. Looking online, it doesn't appear that the company offers one. Of course, he could remove his seat, and jump it that way...but, that can get to be a pain. I'm probably going to have him make his own heavy-duty pigtail lead that he can leave hooked up all the time. Anyone else have experience with doing this?

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this what you are looking for?

Look at Ebay, a automotive parts store, Cyclegear, etc.

And...Welcome to the forum!! :D

My son was gifted a TW200 by my Dad recently. On their first foray into trail riding, the bike was very close to not starting...due to him restarting it so many times in the mud, and the lack of a kickstarter. Since he'll be riding this to school most days, and bc of the woods riding-I purchased him a portable battery jumper for Christmas. It's made by Suaoki, is small enough for his back pack, and was rated highly in the reviews. My only issue, is that it does not come with a permanent pigtail connection, such as he has with the BatteryTender. Looking online, it doesn't appear that the company offers one. Of course, he could remove his seat, and jump it that way...but, that can get to be a pain. I'm probably going to have him make his own heavy-duty pigtail lead that he can leave hooked up all the time. Anyone else have experience with doing this?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Is this what you are looking for?

Look at Ebay, a automotive parts store, Cyclegear, etc.

And...Welcome to the forum!! :D

I made a set just like that from a lighter adapter! Already used it twice now. I really need a new battery:(

Tom

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Tommy I mentioned using a battery tender type plug in one of my threads but someone pointed out the wire gauge is small and it may not handle the amps of a starting load with out getting hot. They are made for 2 amp charging loads. It still may work through because we would use it for brief starting times 2-3 seconds.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
You could make a dedicated pigtail out of 6ga wire and these plugs.

https://www.zoro.com/anderson-power-products-connector-wirecable-6319/i/G2642351/?gclid=CjwKEAiAjvrBBRDxm_nRusW3q1QSJAAzRI1tCOuIYwDuzJnQXvWc10lQD2hZ6lqAEUunyLB4rJSqUhoCTFbw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

And use crimp on ring connectors on the other end. Then put the anderson connectors on the wire going to the starting battery. If you cut the wires from the starting battery in the middle and put these connectors on it and the left over piece with the battery clamps on it you could still use it for starting cars etc.

You could use these connectors too and 10 ga wire.

https://powerwerx.com/anderson-powerpole-connectors-30amp-unassembled?gclid=CjwKEAiAjvrBBRDxm_nRusW3q1QSJAAzRI1tlG8D2fgodk-AogZMKlSwfG4cx5amvGEboaXGCR0pexoC4vnw_wcB

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Tommy I mentioned using a battery tender type plug in one of my threads but someone pointed out the wire gauge is small and it may not handle the amps of a starting load with out getting hot. They are made for 2 amp charging loads. It still may work through because we would use it for brief starting times 2-3 seconds.

Well, a properly tuned TW takes about 3 seconds max to get it started. I have had no issue at all using the smaller wire to jump my bike.

Tom

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
Anyone concerned about high amperage connectors in compact packaging could look into the world of R/C electrics, no shortage of male and female 20 to 50 amp rated micro plugs.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Believe me, I know what poor is. I can't afford one either, but it looked pretty nice. I really don't need one, but it's fun looking.;) I am sure that some members will find this a great backup unit.
I bought a similar product for about $60 at a Costco in Hawaii recently. It was a gift for my dog sitter while I was away, so I cant speak to its use, but that is a cheaper alternative f you can find it near you....
The one I bought had ports for supplying power to a cell phone, a computer, as well as the cigarette lighter and battery clamp connectors to jump start a vehicle.
Kind of wish I had bought one for myself, did not consider using it for the TW.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts