TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After swapping out the FMF for the Stock exhaust, I thought I'd take her for a nice long run and see how she works...

My "go-to" route for anything of this nature, is the Elk Mountain/River Valley run.
At this point, I'm on the Forestry road I think it's called the Elk Bench rd...

IMG_0632_pano.JPG

It's just your basic, ordinary logging road but every now and then, you get a view or two...

IMG_0636_pano.JPG

I'm at a place that I've affectionately called "my backyard"...on this side of the valley, there's dozens of roads and trails to meander or explore. On the other side...same thing

IMG_0644_pano.JPG

I backtrack slightly and head down "Army Road" which leads me down into the Chilliwack River Valley.
TW poses for me...

IMG_0648_pano.JPG

Once we reach the CRV, I head for the Tamihi area, intending on following the Liumchen Forestry road to the Tourist mecca of Cultus Lake.
On the way there, I take a short detour to visit the Right Nuts Warming Hut.

IMG_0655_pano.JPG

"Built by Nuts, for all to enjoy"

IMG_0657.JPG

Even the benches have their moniker...

IMG_0656.JPG

Once done visiting, I return to the Liumchen FSR and head towards Cultus Lake...but instead of dealing with hordes of tourons, I take a shortcut, past the Sweltzer Creek campground.

IMG_0660_pano.JPG

Sweltzer Creek is for those who weren't quick enough to reserve a site at the Lake....or maybe this is crazy genius of them...who knows?

From here, I cross the barricaded Sweltzer Creek bridge and take the slab home.
TW runs just fine...total distance covered = 34 miles.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Man,
That's my best kind-a TW riding. I really like those forest type roads and trails. At my age, I don't need to be challenged every inch of off roading. Been there, done that way too many times.
Scott

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I created a new seat for my TW. Higher with less slope and a gel type foam. The next day I threw my camping gear on and went for a test ride. 978 KMs in one day. Needless to say I like the seat.
978 km day.jpg G0061230.JPG

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I created a new seat for my TW. Higher with less slope and a gel type foam. The next day I threw my camping gear on and went for a test ride. 978 KMs in one day. Needless to say I like the seat.
Would love to see a picture of this and/or a write up of how you accomplished it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
View attachment 197274 View attachment 197276
If you wouldn't mind, I'd sure like to see the specs on what gel/foam/material you used. I've got a tad bit of upholstery work my background so, I'd sure like to also "create" a seat that would be more comfortable than the brick the TW came with.
Scott

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I actually used a 1" thick kneeling pad. I started at the low point and cut rearward on a level plane till I hit a 1" depth with my electric turkey carving knife then inserted the piece of kneeling pad so the seat would be level and higher at the lowest point. Then I leveled the front of the kneeling pad, tidyed it up and covered it with some thin foam to make it smooth. My vinyl install is not perfect but I prefer to do it in one piece to keep the water out. The naked pic is not finished but should give you an idea of how I did it. The comparison pic is of my lo and high seats. Both have seat pans modified to fit my XT350 tank.
009.jpg 181.jpg 187.jpg

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well done...I'm a little nervous about cutting anything off, for fear that I would ruin it completely.
I remember looking at the SweetCheeks pad/seat improvement a few years ago thinking "hey...I could make that!" but of course, I never got a round tuit...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
"Well done...I'm a little nervous about cutting anything off, for fear that I would ruin it completely.
I remember looking at the SweetCheeks pad/seat improvement a few years ago thinking "hey...I could make that!" but of course, I never got a round tuit..."

If you wreck your stock seat you could always go the Seat Concepts route if you have a stock tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts