TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was having fun in the dirt roads around my mother's place earlier today when I spotted a small road that seemed a bit more challenging so I figured I would go check it out.

I was going slowly just in case it was a private road, I was watching to see if there was a sign somewhere, after about 100m I saw one so I figured I would turn around, when I put my eyes back on the road I saw it, a chain blocking the way. I must have slowed down to about 10kph but it was too late, the chain bumped on my front tire, hit the handguards (my handlebar turned about 45°) and I received the chain in my neck and left bicep (good thing I had a bit of protection there, could have been worse), then it got stuck in my visor (dirt bike helmet) and I went flying back while the bike continued a couple of meters.

My arm hurts, my neck hurts and my lower back hurts from falling down the bike.

Guys, be careful when offroading!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ouch, that is scary. Hope your feeling better soon.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Wow, that looks like it could have been so much worse. Glad you are well enough to take a selfie. Much sympathy.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Years ago, same thing happened to me except it was BARBED freekin WIRE. Caught me at the neck. Fortunately the barb snagged my sweatshirt first and I was going slow. Went in later to ER for a tetnus shot and they thought I had tried to commit suicide.

Hey isn't this more fun than fighting over politics ?

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I'm really glad it was a big chain and not a cable, it could have been really really gruesome!
OR BARBED WIRE!:eek:

Same situation happened to me 40 years ago, but I was going 35! Luckily I saw the fence (which had been re-strung across a subdivision road by an irate rancher without any flagging) in time to brake hard, then release and vault off the pegs and handle bars just as I hit. I went over the fence (mostly) but was airborne for 30 feet and landed on the back of my head without a helmet.:sad6:

I got a pretty good concussion and had amnesia for 6 hours but no permanent damage. Now I ALWAYS look hard at any fence line or poles by the side of the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts