TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2010 TDub, and I already have the itch to do some add ons,
My questions are...

1. Can I attatch the Rotopax attatchment to the immix cargo rack I ordered?

2. What is a good brand waterproof bag to strap down on top of Rotopax fuel tank and immix rack? (I don't want a hard case)

3. Hand gaurds, bark busters? What brand?

4. I've been looking through the forum off and on the last week, so I have some ideas, but anyone out there have any must do modifications I would appreciate some tips and tricks....

I live in Southeastern corner of Minnesota, 15 minutes away from the Iowa border, and 5 minutes from La Crosse Wisconsin, so if anyone else is in the area let me know, we could do some riding.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Be very careful of oil filter change. Read threads regarding four holes in filter. Buy JIS screwdrivers for phillips heads. Never heard of Imix rack.

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
Welcome to the mad house ……

I don’t think you’re going to need a Rotopack mount with the Immex system - Worlds Best, Top-Rated Yamaha TW200 Cargo Rack :: IMMIX Racing

rack.jpg

Two bolts go through under the seat (this is good) – two bolts go to the indicator mounts (this is bad, Mmmkay) - It simply isn’t strong enough to support a gallon of gas.

There are plenty of threads on here regarding rack choices, usually resulting in something cracking, frantic impromptu welds etc to the sub frame – though there are those who insist on defending their choices ……..

You name it – and someone here has busted it – but that Immex is a non-starter for load bearing …..

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Note the BOLD Type:

Be very careful of oil filter change. Read threads regarding four holes in filter. Buy JIS screwdrivers for phillips heads. Never heard of Imix rack.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
So I bought a 2010 TDub, and I already have the itch to do some add ons,
My questions are...

1. Can I attatch the Rotopax attatchment to the immix cargo rack I ordered?

2. What is a good brand waterproof bag to strap down on top of Rotopax fuel tank and immix rack? (I don't want a hard case)

3. Hand gaurds, bark busters? What brand?

4. I've been looking through the forum off and on the last week, so I have some ideas, but anyone out there have any must do modifications I would appreciate some tips and tricks....

I live in Southeastern corner of Minnesota, 15 minutes away from the Iowa border, and 5 minutes from La Crosse Wisconsin, so if anyone else is in the area let me know, we could do some riding.
Welcome!!! :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have the Tusk handgaurds and I like them as well. Inexpensive, strong and some options for wind deflection. I looked around and got them without deflectors for $37 delivered from EBAY.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Also anyone ever figure out a way to mount fishing pole holder onto bike?
My buddy did this to his before he sold it, it will work with your style rack.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
He sold his bike because the stock deathwing tire almost killed him. Broken ribs, punctured lung...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Stock deathwing tire?!? Thanks for the image of the rod holder, exactly what I had in mind... I have the street tire in front, a Bridgestone, and back tire is also Bridgestone but it's the knobby tire.
Mis-matched tread patterns front and rear can have a negative effect on handling, you might want to think about changing out one (or both) to a new set that matches more closely. If it's the original 2010 rear tire it's probably about time for a change anyway, regardless of remaining tread.

Enjoy that new-to-you TW!

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Stock deathwing tire?!? Thanks for the image of the rod holder, exactly what I had in mind... I have the street tire in front, a Bridgestone, and back tire is also Bridgestone but it's the knobby tire.
The stock front tires are bad news. I'll let someone else follow up with a more educated opinion. Men scares he hell out of me. I'll be changing it ASAP.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts