TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to run it a bit then switch it out to full synthetic. Any ideas on which oil is best and why. Im up in B.C. Canada and temps are from 100 degrees down to freezing during biking season

·
Super Moderator
17,632 Posts
Welcome to the forum Donny. I use Mobil 1 4T Racing oil. Nice stuff. Read about it online. Seems to be the perfect oil for our bikes.

·
Super Moderator
17,632 Posts
Yes, that is what I use. I think it is available in 20-50 weight as well.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Is a TM an Australian version of the TW.

·
Super Moderator
17,632 Posts
Anybody use royal purple 10w40 in there bikes? Whats the crankcase capacity on these units.
One quart and a couple ounces. Most folks just put in a quart. If it is anywhere in between the low and high mark, you are ok.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Are the oils being mentioned here all motorcycle approved as oils designed for cars have additives that will mess with the cutch plates.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yes! Another Okanagan rider! Welcome Donny.Brooke. I hope you stick around, there's no place like this place, so this must be the place :D
You can meet at Chute lake and explore the back country around there.
I spent a lot of my youth exploring that region, too bad they created Okangan provincial park and closed off the wild horse canyon trail to motorized users.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
What happened to the deal on the new one? Dealer trying to screw you around? Just as well; they can eat it and you're getting a better deal (likely) on the used one.

Re: oils

For capacity, I put in a quart to a quart and a half, then run the bike for a minute (to fill the filter) and then let it sit a minute. Then based on that, I add a few oz at a time til it's in the middle of the two marks in the sight glass.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes the dealer pissed me off lol. Good thing though as i got a smokin deal on the 2013. Pick it friday after work. Its absolutely mint cond. The royal purple oil mentioned is motorcyle oil. I might try amzoil in it. Having a hard time finding synthetic 10w40 motorcycle oil believe it or not.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts