TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Even tho we reside in the greatest country on the best planet within the most desirable galaxy,every once in a great,great while we see a situation or circumstance repeated that is unnecessary,inconveniencing,disrespectful and/or just plain stupid....Now,rarely does that happen....because society today is smarter,more cultured and much more caring than ever before...
So,that said,just on the outside chance that you may have seen or experienced something that wasn't quite 'right',this thread will provide you with an opportunity to 'share'.....
I'll start off with a couple of examples.....

Mr. Brightside-"There are no problems,only challenges!"-This person has obviously never faced any real adversity other than possibly a dead cell phone battery or something of similar importance,hence their conclusion of being in complete control over their destiny..... What's needed to 'realign' their logic back to reality would be ,say,taking a chemotherapy treatment, or being fitted for a prosthetic limb.

Mr. Prius,et al,-totally committed to saving the planet and achieving 100 miles to gallon of gas in the process,he(or she) idles away for every traffic light,finally reaching a top speed well below the posted legal limit. Well done,eco-sh*tbox owner,well done......

I'll bet if some of you search reel deep,you can think of one,too!:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
The saying " Sh*t Happens " No sh8t does not just happen. Some azz hat does something stupid and that's what happens.

·
Registered
184 Posts
my pet peeve is ,motercycle manufactures with the exception of the tw200 dont make a dual sport or trail bike with a 30in.seat height for short riders like myself .most have 36in seat height. alot of riders don't need to have16in. ground clearance to go on normal trails.they should make a lower rideheight model for people built a little lower to mother earth.

·
Registered
458 Posts
These are good & a good topic too!
My major pet peeves revolve around the way communication is going. It seems as though many folks are not patient enough to fully listen to a complete sentence and rather they fire off what they believe to be the ending of another persons thoughts. Or, they instead begin to say, "Yeah, yeah, yeah" to display some sort of agreeing message, only to quickly begin what they want to say.

Another one are people who don't use their blinker - especially in the quick situation in which one may need to "cut over quickly".

Landser, I think the same of those priuses - mostly. I did however have one pass me on a desolate two-way 65 mph highway at about 95. I followed him after that as I was curious of my new vehicles top speed and his too. I pulled off into the desert (to hike the dog) just after reaching 114 mph! This guy obviously has no regard for the environment ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
*How about the apparent inability of younger generations to actually communicate verbally, or hold coherent conversation requiring more than a one or two word response.

*Or when you send an email to someone, say a co worker or subordinate (a lot of people in my experience) and they respond to one small part of the message without the ability to read past the first sentence or thought, requiring you to keep inquiring about the un-addressed issues or give up.

It seems the attention span has shrunk. Thanks technology.

·
Registered
278 Posts
ha yep hellwig, I have ran into that so many times that I actually will number the different points of the message so they kinda get a hint. Must say though...my 15 year old son is very precise in answering or responding to every topic in the message

my peeve is eating noises...drives me up the wall!! Maybe that's something that I need to work on but I can't help it

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Well, I used to call Princess "my favorite Pet Peeve" on a regular basis. I miss her. Other than that, I don't have pet peeves. Instead, I have serious problems. Get off of my lawn.

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Lier's and people who are late, without letting me know and wasting MY day.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Mr. Brightside-"There are no problems,only challenges!"-This person has obviously never faced any real adversity other than possibly a dead cell phone battery or something of similar importance,hence their conclusion of being in complete control over their destiny..... What's needed to 'realign' their logic back to reality would be ,say,taking a chemotherapy treatment, or being fitted for a prosthetic limb.
Not a pet peeve but a sometimes irritation: PEOPLE WHO BLAST OFF HALF COCKED

I'll buy into the no problems only challenges. Annnddd, yes, I did two years of chemotherapy. Without boring you of the details, through my study of a MD text book insisted on a review of my slides by Stanford Medical School, wound up in a successful clinical trials, and am here 17 year later from a previously incurable cancer, YES, I faced it as a challenge. I slammed GOD-DAMNIT! out before I could think but yes, I accepted it as a challenge. One that I met head on. I could have lost but facing it as a challenge I continue to believe played big part in my being here to hassle ya.

I went off half cocked, looked on the bright side, and won. I continue to do that to this day. And hopefully tomorrow.

Soooo, to sum up, my pet peeve would be a recommendation to NOT look on the bright side.

Thank you.

Amen

·
Registered
470 Posts
People that say "no problem" all the time instead of "ok" or some other appropriate response.

"Hey, are you using that hydrocoptic marzlebane, dude?"

"Yes. I'll be done with it in about an hour."

"No problem."

Of course there's no problem dipsh*t, except for you, you're not gettin' the marzlebane 'till I'm done with it!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have 2, the first one is when somebody says that's not fair(mainly when I here it coming from a lib politicians) like wages, the rich,and so on...who the heck ever said life was fair? if I choose to work hard and risk everything to take a chance to be self employed and make a good living and some dumba$$ lazy p.o.s says it's not fair I have more than he does and the government should take it from me to give him or her in the guise of economic fairness just makes my blood boil. Hey news flash for the lazy pos if it not for the rich hard working people 90% of us would not have jobs. The second is awww crud I worked my self up now and my blood is boiling I can't think of my other one I will get to it after I calm down:mad: oh now I remember april 15th I hate this day more and more....

·
Registered
976 Posts
Tattoos on otherwise flawless skin, it is just bad art that gets worse over time.
No offense intended Fred, I'll be sure to wear long sleeves if we ever have the chance to meet up for a ride.

Photo on 2014-03-28 at 23.11.jpg

·
Registered
20,369 Posts
O.K. I realized I was a jerk r.e tat opinion and deleted post soon after I put it up.I was thinking of tattoes on young women when I commented. I don't get it, , not my idea of femine beauty but also not a peeve. Show your tattoos with pride and maybe you'll explain it to me in person some time, no sleeves needed on my account. Sorry man , I offended thoughtlessly.
However I stick to my guns about using turn signals!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Since I drive a semi in the city for a living my #1 is idiot drivers. I usually run Bloomington Indiana which is a really nice town but its full of bleeding heart liberals and they drive like it. What ive learned is that if they are in a prius or a subaru, or even a toyota with all the peace / obama/biden bumper stickers they always hesitate. For instance if you come up to a four way stop at about the same time they will always hesitate or go then stop the go then stop. Same way with merging onto the highway from an exit ramp. If you slow down a bit to let them in then they will slow down also to the point to cause a crash or stop traffic. If I come up to a four way now I know that I better go first or play the waiting game.Ithe way I see it is if your merging into traffic your either going to get on the gas and go or slow down and get behind. Same thing with pulling out in front on a big truck. If your gonna do it then stick it to the wood and go instead of pulling out like your driving miss daisy. Oh and the people who just are dying to pass you then cut in front of you and instantly slam on the brakes to make a right turn grrr. Oh craigslist people who wont answer your call but they will text you all day long. I know I must be getting old at 33 but people today dont want to communicate like they used to. I do deliveries to Indiana University and you go in a building and there are hundreds of kids sitting in the hall way and every single one of them is on a phone or computer and nobody talks. I guess my generation was about the last ones to not have all the computer stuff as kids but got it around high school/college. Oh and government sponsered white trash which we have an over abundance of here in Martinsville. It could go on forever so I will stop.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I coach rec league baseball and a few huge pet peeves of mine is:

Mr or Mrs Helicopter Parent:
They constantly hover over their one day prodigy superstar child who is actually the victim throughout what I can tell a miserable childhood. Mom and or Dad think they'll be able to grow something out of their infinite baseball knowledge and ride their cash cow to the retirement promise land. My job then shifts from coaching a kid who should love baseball and have fun playing it to trying to make it fun for him in an area of the field that's far enough away from helicopter parent that the player isn't looking over his shoulder every two seconds in fear of infuriating the scholarship tryrannt who's frantically wishing they could come onto the field to maintain their imaginary ambilical cord.

Sandlot Baseball:
Where have you gone old friend. I KNOW for a fact that it could return, if only we parents put the effort in. There's no reason why we should raise our children in fear of predators.

The ADHD Excuse:
My expirence with this disorder isn't at the subject matter expert level, but I have a close relationship with a family member who has delt with it throughout his life as he was diagnosed back when we were kids. I know their are levels of severity, and I am in no way making light of the disorder.

But if I hear "Ah coach, he's slightly ADHD, that's why he behaves that way", from a toilet bowl parent one more time, I'm going to lose my freaking mind. Parents!.... Stop making excuses for disrespectful behavior! Stop dumping your lack of responsible parenting problems in other people's (doctor's, teacher's, coache's, nanny's) laps. Step it up and be the parent that child deserves. Stop the neglect, get off your smartphone and spend time with your kid.

Sorry, fresh wounds.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
603 Posts
There is a study that has been duplicated in college psychology classes all over the United States and likely in other countries as well.

The class is divided into three random groups. One group is to report something good that happened to them each and every day, no matter how trivial. Another group is to report on something bad, no matter how trivial. The third group is control and do no reporting.

Guess what? At the end of the semester the group reporting good things had the highest average grades, missed the fewest classes, and the fewest sicknesses. Control was next, group reporting bad things was last.

Just the act of acknowledging bad things can cause bad things to happen to a person. And I would expect that the more bad things are focused upon, the more negative effects that person will encounter.

[ Just sayin'] ........... hope that comment is not someones pet peeve :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts