TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, and happy New Year.
I've had my 1990 TW a little over a week now, have put about 250 miles on her, and just completed my first service / checkout.
Service included:
1. Oil change and oil filter clean
2. Cleaned, lubed, de-kinked and adjusted the chain (required cutting out a link to get in mid adjuster range. Chain does not pull away from rear sprocket))
3. Cleaned and oiled the air filter
4. Replaced fuel line and in-line filter
5. Checked valves (ok as found)
6. Checked and gapped plug
7. Checked / adjusted cam chain (found very loose. Had to screw adjuster in over 1/2" to see rod)
8. Lubed swing arm bearings (may need more as didn't see any coming out after putting quite a bit)
8. Checked battery (electrolyte levels good. Holds full charge)
9. General cleaning and check out (pleasantly surprised to find complete tool kit with new spare plug and master links)

Added some wider foot pegs and some inexpensive hand / brush guards.
Can't wait to go riding tomorrow :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
1/2" on the cam chain adjuster?? Dang! Must be its first adjustmet! Well done sir.

·
Registered
13,803 Posts
Couple years back, I cut a few links outta my stock chain before I retired it. It worked for a while, but my sprockets and chain were just to far gone and I ended up replacing them all. Two of the most simple mods I enjoy are the wider footpegs and handlebar risers. Made a big difference when standing on the pegs and for my shoulders when sitting down. TW should come this way.

Enjoy your ride today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts