TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My four wheel ride is a Wrangler - 2013 with a few upgrades:

My two wheeler is a TW - no others at this time.

I was just wondering how many here also have a 4x4 and their TW...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
In addition to my TW I have a Suzuki Samurai, and my Dad recently gave me his '43 Willys MB. I hope to fix it up and restore it to military colors this winter.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Count me in. '98 JEEP=Just Empty Every Pocket.
Lot's of farkels.

Every vehicle I own is 4wd except the 2 TW's
Pickup, 2 cars, Rhino.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had an FJ60 for a number of years. Loved it but just no place to store it. Now I have a 94 Toyota pickup. Nothing special but it gets me into the back country and hauls the TW around when needed.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great! Figured that Tdub owners would like 4x4's too. I also have a Kubota 4x4... tractor lol. It does all of the needed stuff around the farm - takes the place of a 4 Wheeler for me - I walk where I need to get (60 acres) and the FEL on the tractor hauls any kills back to the skinning rack, so no need for a 4 Wheeler - though, if I win the lottery, I'd get a few :)

My Wrangler is my work vehicle and does most of it's miles on the highway - which is why it's a hard top and auto trans. I had a 2008 six speed rag top and I liked it but it must have been put together on Friday afternoon.... started having all kinds of issues - tranny, electrical - and it was loud as hell on the highway... so I traded it for the 2013.

I'd like to get an old one for running around locally at some point - probably just keep it open top and park under a shed roof. MS has antique plates for anything 25 years or older - one time plate tax and you're good to go. Maybe an old CJ-5.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Yes, I have a few 4X4's. The jeep is an 85 cj7. I am in the process of putting it back together. It was a california rig but found rust under the pads of the rollbar so decided to do a frame up. Except for that small amount of rust it is clean and straight. It had a 258 six with automatic. That is out and a 350 chev with 350 turbo in. Have wiring to do and a rear bumper/hitch to finish, put the front fenders on and paint. I have painted it axles up inideout with desert sand. It is growing on me. As a vet I wanted to militarize it somewhat. I grew up with a 42 ford, loved it. That little 4 banger would crawl anywhere. When I get this finished it will have the stars and such with my army serial no on the hood, and my VN unit nos on the bumpers. Has been a fun project and most likely be my last.

·
Registered
395 Posts
null_zps06d10e61.jpg
C33311CE-FC2F-48FA-9CD6-26D5736B4CF2-1855-000003F95AF264BD.jpg

Sold my 2001 TJ about a year ago for my 1995 XJ Country with Rubi wheels wrapped with 31" General Grabber HTS's.

Did some digging and found a pic of my old TJ down on the beach in Freeport, TX
TJ_zps6daa5036.jpg

And my wife's 2007 KJ stopping off to stretch our legs on our way to see the Rangers Spring Training back in 2010
7f3980df-fba0-4cee-896d-e96fa01192b8_zps47ab7910.jpg

·
Registered
104 Posts
I sold my Jeep (73 CJ5) and am kicking myself for doing it. I may need another one.

For now the fix comes on the Polaris Sportsman 500, the TW, and the HD VROD.

--
Richard (a.k.a. LiquidSilver)

91 TW200 / 03 VRSCA / 05 Polaris Sportsman 500 / Honda Helix CN250

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool Jeeps and 4x4's guys. I figured Tdub fans would also like other "sporting" vehicles... and I guess I was right.

Keep the pics coming!

Here's my orange monster:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yo Chap. I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler X and an a 3ltr Audi Quatro.
Sold the Honda 1100 Aero, bought a T Dub, total Blast...and it`s still only 500mls ut of the box and I`m breaking it in gently...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Huh... looks like I lost all my Jeep pics off of the computer. Weird.

Anyway, currently we have a '92 Cherokee; Rubicon Express 3.5" Super-flex lift on 33x10.5s. It still needs lockers, skid plates etc. and I've had the thing for years. A fellow can keep hoping the budget fairy will drop a bunch of money in the Jeep envelope...

Edit: Found a pic online:

Checking the flex -- still some fender trimming to do...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a 96 Cherokee sport 4x4 - put 235K miles on it - no problem with the power plant or transmission - great vehicles!!! Love to see em modded up :)

That Samuri pic reminds me of the ones I've seen on you tube of people driving them underwater with breather tubes. Australia I think.

Do they still sell them? If not, they should - great little 4x4's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a garage full of enough stuff to build several cj5's. It got overwhelming and I suppose if I ever had gotten around to dropping that 401 in a cj5 I would probably have killed myself in it. I sold it all and bought a nice cj7. I regret selling it every day. It was loads of fun.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts