TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sick. The downward decline of the MN metro area is more noticeable now than ever.

Stories like this are almost a daily occurrence here in MN - in the news for a day, then gone.

5-year-old possibly sexually assaulted in St. Paul | KMSP

ALSO - The Minneapolis public school system has an amazingly LOW 50% graduation rate, and we just keep pumping $$$ into the failing public school system. If they only had more $$$, kids would graduate high school, yeah right.

Minneapolis has lowest graduation rate compared to 50 other major cities - StarTribune.com

I just don't get it..wait, Yeah, it makes sense now.

Good luck folks!

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
This is sick. The downward decline of the MN metro area is more noticeable now than ever.

Stories like this are almost a daily occurrence here in MN - in the news for a day, then gone.

5-year-old possibly sexually assaulted in St. Paul | KMSP

ALSO - The Minneapolis public school system has an amazingly LOW 50% graduation rate, and we just keep pumping $$$ into the failing public school system. If they only had more $$$, kids would graduate high school, yeah right.

Minneapolis has lowest graduation rate compared to 50 other major cities - StarTribune.com

I just don't get it..wait, Yeah, it makes sense now.

Good luck folks!
The shit that happens when you let Illegals, especially Muslim Illegal Trash, into your cities that are already infested by a corrupt school system run by Minority and Far Left Loons....check out the political leans and diversity of your city and school board "leaders" ....then you will have your answers...Don't call me a Bigot, Racist, or Homophobe, call me Honest....the facts don't lie!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I was just getting ready to go off on a new thread but I guess I will post here instead.

My entire adult life I have waited for a constitutional conservative candidate to run for President. I had convinced myself that all across America there were tens of millions just like me waiting for the right candidate to rally behind. I had convinced myself that as a nation we were far smarter than the 10 o'clock news portray's every evening. I really, really believed that it was just the left wing loonies that would allow themselves to be suckered into voting for a clown. The voters in this years republican primary have proven me wrong on all accounts. I hope Trump is actually a genius trapped with an 8 year old's vocabulary. All signs point to no though. Sorry for the rant but I am officially dumbfounded.........

Tom

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Yes "These Times, They Are A Changin".... ....and not for the better.

What a sad, sorry state it is when you think about it, that more Americans believe that Trump and Hillary are the best that America has to offer, that one of those two would be the best to be the leader of the Free World.

Pray for our Country, Pray for our World, PLEASE.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I was just getting ready to go off on a new thread but I guess I will post here instead.

My entire adult life I have waited for a constitutional conservative candidate to run for President. I had convinced myself that all across America there were tens of millions just like me waiting for the right candidate to rally behind. I had convinced myself that as a nation we were far smarter than the 10 o'clock news portray's every evening. I really, really believed that it was just the left wing loonies that would allow themselves to be suckered into voting for a clown. The voters in this years republican primary have proven me wrong on all accounts. I hope Trump is actually a genius trapped with an 8 year old's vocabulary. All signs point to no though. Sorry for the rant but I am officially dumbfounded.........

Tom
Well Tom, I have to say I hate all these labels such as Constitutional Conservative and even just Conservative. I really wish these politicians actually carried the torch of the labels assigned to them.
Instead I have to constantly read between all the lines and decide for myself both what a Conservative is and who is a Conservative. This is where it all gets blurry and I end up feeling like a mushroom being fed fertilizer.

I want a guy in the WH who goes by Hoot's signature, Say what you mean and mean what you say! We will never be sure that Trump is such the man but now that he is sure to be the nominee I will place my full support in his camp, not that I haven't right along.

The real prize is now and always has been what happens in November. Like it or not, Like Trump or not, he is our only hope of keeping Hillary out and that my friends is the only prize. I do hope that we can all sit back and lick our wounds and get over all the damages we have just suffered. Then get back up and do our part to make sure we get a republican elected to stop the constant destruction we have witnessed over the last almost 8 years. Get over yourselves and your hurt feelings and get behind our nominee so we can win. The democrats play this game very well, "Divide and Conquer" and we should not allow them to win even if we don't necessarily like our candidate! We can all have our differences on who we think would be or would have been the best choice but it is a moot point now. Trump will be our nominee and Hillary is the enemy so if you are not for her then you better be for him. We also must think about the majorities in both houses and do our part to keep them there even though that stinks worse than an out house. The Supreme Court is at stake and we simply cannot afford to lose there. Liberals and the political correct crowd must go down! Either we hang together or we hang alone.

GaryL

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Well Tom, I have to say I hate all these labels such as Constitutional Conservative and even just Conservative. I really wish these politicians actually carried the torch of the labels assigned to them.
Instead I have to constantly read between all the lines and decide for myself both what a Conservative is and who is a Conservative. This is where it all gets blurry and I end up feeling like a mushroom being fed fertilizer.

I want a guy in the WH who goes by Hoot's signature, Say what you mean and mean what you say! We will never be sure that Trump is such the man but now that he is sure to be the nominee I will place my full support in his camp, not that I haven't right along.

The real prize is now and always has been what happens in November. Like it or not, Like Trump or not, he is our only hope of keeping Hillary out and that my friends is the only prize. I do hope that we can all sit back and lick our wounds and get over all the damages we have just suffered. Then get back up and do our part to make sure we get a republican elected to stop the constant destruction we have witnessed over the last almost 8 years. Get over yourselves and your hurt feelings and get behind our nominee so we can win. The democrats play this game very well, "Divide and Conquer" and we should not allow them to win even if we don't necessarily like our candidate! We can all have our differences on who we think would be or would have been the best choice but it is a moot point now. Trump will be our nominee and Hillary is the enemy so if you are not for her then you better be for him. We also must think about the majorities in both houses and do our part to keep them there even though that stinks worse than an out house. The Supreme Court is at stake and we simply cannot afford to lose there. Liberals and the political correct crowd must go down! Either we hang together or we hang alone.

GaryL
Sorry Gary. If people do not yet know weather or not Trump is a "Say what you mean and mean what you say!" type of guy they simply have not been paying ANY attention at all. Is he better than Hillary? I will have to do some real soul searching on that one because from where I sit they are eerily similar.

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Sorry Gary. If people do not yet know weather or not Trump is a "Say what you mean and mean what you say!" type of guy they simply have not been paying ANY attention at all. Is he better than Hillary? I will have to do some real soul searching on that one because from where I sit they are eerily similar.

Tom
We just have to hope that your feelings are wrong! I sure do see where you are sitting but I have my hopes that Trump's ego will over rule his propensity to be an ass or a turn coat.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
This sick bastard will be caught! Then, once convicted he will be sent to prison where the prison officials will do all they can to see that his crime is not made public to the other convicts and in many cases not even the staff. Believe me when I tell you, even the most evil prisoners in the entire prison hate baby rapers and this guy will have a death sentence on his head the moment his real crime is discovered. Quite often we hear the term "Honor among Thieves" but I can assure you there is absolutely a lot of honor where baby rapers are concerned and they have a very short life expectancy once the word gets out. The truth of the matter is, once he is convicted beyond any reasonable doubt he should just be hung so as not to place others around him including the prison staff in any danger.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Yes "These Times, They Are A Changin".... ....and not for the better.

What a sad, sorry state it is when you think about it, that more Americans believe that Trump and Hillary are the best that America has to offer, that one of those two would be the best to be the leader of the Free World.

Pray for our Country, Pray for our World, PLEASE.
Do I hear an "Amen Brother" out there anywhere...? :D I hear one. Amen!! ;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
One can only hope that America will wake up and realize it makes no difference who is the figurehead.
The whole system of resource distribution needs to be restructured. The founding fathers understood the import of
separation of church and state. Reagan was correct, in that Christians have no vested interest in sustainability as they are all intending
to go off to Jesus land when they die.
This country's government does not (and never has) represent the needs of "the people". Rather our gov is
all about making the rich ruling class richer. Yes we've lost jobs but not because the reasons proffered. We lost jobs because
we failed to adapt to a changing world. Japan makes superior vehicles, not because they have cheaper labor but because
they are better units built in modern facilities. China makes better stuff than us these days. For the scene to get better
it will get much worse. We live in a world faced with over population/exponential population growth with the resultant increasing demand
for resources which are not inexhaustible. This would seemingly not be a problem for the faithful as Heaven awaits them, but for the rest of us.....
Sadly the cloud of ignorance and blind dogmatic faith will most likely see world anarchy before a solution will be found. I find it highly unlikley that
any sort of change can happen when our gov is controlled by the wealthy few and our populace is brainwashed, uneducated (thanks Reagan) and all wrapped up
in Nationalism, Racisim etc. The founding fathers saw the need to have a government that could adapt and the important of separation of church and state but
it may be too late. The transition and indeed the time leading up to it (like now) are not going to be real super for anyone but the elite rich, well unless Jesus comes back
to haul off the true believers. That would be an interesting time indeed. Lot of Christians will be surprised I reckon. Just because one claims "Christian" don't mean you get to
go to Jesus. I believe one has to "walk the walk" not just talk. I ponder how on how one can be a "true believer" and defile the "temple of the body" with drinking and smoking.
Bottom line: Enjoy life now n quit worrying on what someone else is doing. People been worrying on this stuff since the Jews put Christ to death. Hitler was a staunch defender of Christianity and performed an economic miracle in post ww1 Germany but dang who want's that? One has to remember that Christianity has been used since it's inception as a tool to for controlling people and conquering "lessor" people. EG the Spanish used the Catholic Church to enslave Native Americans and settle the West in the name of "saving their souls".
For me I really have a hard time believing that was Gods intent. But for the dogmatic faithful it sure was as were the Christians who sanctified Slavery..........wierd stuff.
I personally don't think God is racist, white or a war monger. But sure seems like many of his followers believe he is.

Reactions: TWilight and Mel

·
Registered
125 Posts
Again, you find justification to blame the world's ills on Reagan, Christianity, Jesus, mean white europeans, etc, etc, etc. Oh, and alcohol and tobacco...bad.

Just curious,
Are you a young poly-sci major living in mom's basement, struggling with ideas on how to get Bernie elected so you wont have to pay back that massive school loan, or get a job ?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Was Reagan responsible for Common Core?

I didn't know that.

My statement was just meant as an example of the the American people's shear ignorance. Not an endorsement or slam of any particular candidate, although I do believe that there were a few in the mix early on that could have evoked a change in the right direction. I don't believe we will be headed that way soon when either of these candidates take office.

For the record I started my adult life as a democrat back in the early '70s, moved to a Republican in the early 80's, then on to a Tea Party supporter, to Libertarian and now I am seriously considering the Anarchist Party if I can find a legitimate organized group.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
'ere we go ........
No, we're not. This is the basement and off topic area; true; so anyone's views are welcome and generally accepted, but when the belittling or name calling gets started up, it will be dealt with accordingly.

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
No, we're not. This is the basement and off topic area; true; so anyone's views are welcome and generally accepted, but when the belittling or name calling gets started up, it will be dealt with accordingly.
Are you a young poly-sci major living in mom's basement, struggling with ideas on how to get Bernie elected so you wont have to pay back that massive school loan, or get a job ?
Sorry LT - just what part did you miss ?

I'm sitting here, all back of the bus, eating pop corn on this one ....... :strawberry:

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Sorry LT - just what part did you miss ?

I'm sitting here, all back of the bus, eating pop corn on this one ....... :strawberry:
Finish your popcorn, and deboard the bus, no need to wait around, waiting for the pot to be stirred... It ain't going to happen; at least not in this manner.

Reactions: GaryL

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Quote by Arbolmano"

This country's government does not (and never has) represent the needs of "the people". Rather our gov is
all about making the rich ruling class richer"

Show me a country in this entire world that can't lay claim to this statement!

Where would you move to and why are you still here?

No country's people in this entire world have ever been completely 100% behind their leader and that goes right back to the beginning during tribal times when wealth and power were one in the same. Many Americans consider Reagan as one of the best Presidents in modern times while many others considered him an Hollywood actor way out of his element. We are never all going to agree on much of anything so just get over it. It is a rainy, funky and dreary day here today IMO but for the fire fighters who were fighting the raging forest fire last week it is a beautiful day and even the spring flowers love it.

Who really knows? Trump could very well be the next best US President but it won't take a lot to be better than a Hillary or an Obama so it really is a low bar. He might very well have the will to do a lot of the things he wants to get done but he still has to work within the parameters of the Senate, Congress and the Judiciary so good luck there.

I live in NY and for the longest time we had an elected official by the name of Sheldon Silver who was considered by many as the greatest champion of New York. He just got sentenced to 12 years in the federal pen on corruption convictions. Another one not long ago named Dean Skellos is also now in public housing prison along with his son for the same. The Mayor of NY City is under investigation right now and I am pretty sure they are looking deep into the activities of our Governor. Hillary Clinton is under criminal investigation as she runs for the highest office of our land and still there are many willing to carry her water and forgive all her dirty deeds. If there really is an honest man/woman out there you damn sure won't find them in politics and that is not just an American problem.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
Finish your popcorn, and deboard the bus, no need to wait around, waiting for the pot to be stirred... It ain't going to happen; at least not in this manner.
There's just no teasing some people .......... 028.gif

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
One can only hope that America will wake up and realize it makes no difference who is the figurehead.
The whole system of resource distribution needs to be restructured. The founding fathers understood the import of
separation of church and state. Reagan was correct, in that Christians have no vested interest in sustainability as they are all intending
to go off to Jesus land when they die.
all about making the rich ruling class richer. Yes we've lost jobs but not because the reasons proffered. We lost jobs because
we failed to adapt to a changing world. Japan makes superior vehicles, not because they have cheaper labor but because
they are better units built in modern facilities. China makes better stuff than us these days. For the scene to get better
it will get much worse. We live in a world faced with over population/exponential population growth with the resultant increasing demand
for resources which are not inexhaustible. This would seemingly not be a problem for the faithful as Heaven awaits them, but for the rest of us.....
Sadly the cloud of ignorance and blind dogmatic faith will most likely see world anarchy before a solution will be found. I find it highly unlikley that
any sort of change can happen when our gov is controlled by the wealthy few and our populace is brainwashed, uneducated (thanks Reagan) and all wrapped up
in Nationalism, Racisim etc. The founding fathers saw the need to have a government that could adapt and the important of separation of church and state but
it may be too late. The transition and indeed the time leading up to it (like now) are not going to be real super for anyone but the elite rich, well unless Jesus comes back
to haul off the true believers. That would be an interesting time indeed. Lot of Christians will be surprised I reckon. Just because one claims "Christian" don't mean you get to
go to Jesus. I believe one has to "walk the walk" not just talk. I ponder how on how one can be a "true believer" and defile the "temple of the body" with drinking and smoking.
Bottom line: Enjoy life now n quit worrying on what someone else is doing. People been worrying on this stuff since the Jews put Christ to death. Hitler was a staunch defender of Christianity and performed an economic miracle in post ww1 Germany but dang who want's that? One has to remember that Christianity has been used since it's inception as a tool to for controlling people and conquering "lessor" people. EG the Spanish used the Catholic Church to enslave Native Americans and settle the West in the name of "saving their souls".
For me I really have a hard time believing that was Gods intent. But for the dogmatic faithful it sure was as were the Christians who sanctified Slavery..........wierd stuff.
I personally don't think God is racist, white or a war monger. But sure seems like many of his followers believe he is.

So, you are blaming Reagan for the uneducated assholes flooding the country via immigration? Blame Liberals and the fuc*ing NEA Union scum....sure my wife is a teacher, but she long ago dumped that perverted organization, all good teachers do...if it's closed shop, those worth their salt, get the Hell out. And don't even get me started on the stinking college scene...those left wing bastards would have been strung up long ago by the Founding Fathers....

The left with the "dumb down" education system and LBJ and FDR before him telling the dumb ass minority "leaders" to have their people sit on their lazy asses, "This is the Promised Land" are the reason this Republic has gone to Hell....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts