TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are head of the design team at Yamaha. You have been tasked to build a sister TW. One that has new technology built on the same frame. Go with it let's play.

My start would be more horse power. 250 cc little larger tank to offset distance between fills. Electronic ignition. Earth tone paint job

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Already done. Tdub2. 267cc, EFI with Zuess fasteners to access air filter, stainless exhaust tuned for a wide, friendly powerband, 6 speed, 5 disc clutch, kick start, +2 inch aluminum bars, gel grips, custom seat with gel inserts, tunable shock, extended swingarm, longer fork tubes, tweeked fork valving, double front discs, single rear disc, 530 o-ring chain, 4 gallon gas tank, all LED lights with brake light flasher, hand guards, grip heaters, maintenance free iron phosphate battery pack, rear rack with auxiliary fuel tank, 3 large tool tubes inside folding soft bag racks, ... . Not "earth tone" because I'm not trying to intimidate or hide from anybody., and the critters always hear you coming.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
No such thing as the "perfect" man or woman. We are all messed up. After all, we are products of our environments, and since you are a part of the environment, it's all your fault, so put your big kid panties on and tough it out. However, Tdub2 is getting pretty close to being the perfect motorcycle for me. Not to happy with the taller ride height, thinking about having some thicker soles added to a new pair of boots for winter. Maybe drill a new hole for the lower shock mount and slide the forks up in the triple trees a couple inches. She'll still have 12 inches of clearance, an inch more than stock.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Mine comment was a joke. Guess it should have had ;). Included.
My TW is growin too.
The 225 changed seat so it's taller. And new tires added a little to.
My TW is perfect for me. We both have flaw's. Both are still being tweaked by their Master.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do u get 267 cc and a 6 speed Trans. Is that a complete swap out

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
How do u get 267 cc and a 6 speed Trans. Is that a complete swap out
6 speed is easy. Turn down a TW countershaft to match a XT countershaft on the trans side, put the modded TW countershaft in the TW cases with the XT trans, kickstart, clutch, and side cover. It's pretty much a bolt-in other than the countershaft.

267cc requires $$$$$ of precision machine work to modify the crank, select the proper Suzuki connecting rod and Honda piston and modify to fit, resleeve the cylinder, bore the case and head for the larger sleeve, make a spacer to fit between the case and cylinder that properly locates the cam chain tensioner and guide components, ... .

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like u have one bad ass TW. Let's see some pics

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's amazing. Engineers... A breed of their own.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Already done. Tdub2. 267cc, EFI with Zuess fasteners to access air filter, stainless exhaust tuned for a wide, friendly powerband, 6 speed, 5 disc clutch, kick start, +2 inch aluminum bars, gel grips, custom seat with gel inserts, tunable shock, extended swingarm, longer fork tubes, tweeked fork valving, double front discs, single rear disc, 530 o-ring chain, 4 gallon gas tank, all LED lights with brake light flasher, hand guards, grip heaters, maintenance free iron phosphate battery pack, rear rack with auxiliary fuel tank, 3 large tool tubes inside folding soft bag racks, ... . Not "earth tone" because I'm not trying to intimidate or hide from anybody., and the critters always hear you coming.
Do you have any pictures of this beast? Sounds badass!

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I paid $300 for my last camera, spent 4 days in the Ozarks wasting ride time taking pictures, then asked someone to video me going through a water crossing, and that someone dropped it in the creek. No more stupid cameras. I have precious little time to ride anymore and I'm not wasting time or money on stupid cameras so you can drool. Build your own--the instructions are all on this forum somewhere. Tdub2 is not badass. Sebastian has a badass stroker. Tdub2 is as mild as stock during putting along, just builds more power quicker when the engine whines. Pirate, on the other hand, has no low speed at all, very little midrange, and screams 7000+rpm. 6 speed required for Pirate's tune as rpm drop between gears on the 5-speed would leave the engine 700rpm below the powerband. Don't expect her to last real long, but she'll be fun until she blows.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have my own version in the works, but it doesn't count until it actually runs. I have a couple of photos in my profile. I will add more when I get the new forks mounted. I have a really good excuse as to why I am doing the forks first, but the reality is I just got distracted by something shiny.

Matthew

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
This has been shown before but I liked the XTW 250 RYOKU. The skid plate doubled as a shovel and it had a 110 /120 volt (for the USA market) alternator built into the engine. It had all the other features everyone is asking for and more.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts