TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A recent post showed a member with a big, really big, deer strapped to the back of his TW. I was wondering how the TW would work for dragging an elk down the side of a mountain. We are headed to Colorado next week for the late rifle season and I am taking the TW to do a little exploring while I'm there. On occasion I've seen one of the guys use an ATV to get a downed elk out.....I was wondering if anybody has used their TW to drag a heavy load. I'm thinking straps or rope tied to the passenger pegs would be as good as you could get attachment wise, anybody have any experience doing this? Is something going to break trying to drag a 500Lb load downhill?

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If I needed to haul a load though the woods, I'd make a travois.

Two long poles, couple of shorter ones, and some rope. 500 lbs. would be easy to move.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I'm pictureing two 10' to 12' poles, one end secured to the passenger peg brackets and the two short poles used as spreader bars in back.....is that about right?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I'm pictureing two 10' to 12' poles, one end secured to the passenger peg brackets and the two short poles used as spreader bars in back.....is that about right?
That'd work. Wouldn't be able to turn too sharp.

Only a little more likely to pull the bike over, but easier to turn with, would be to make a traditional travois with crossed long poles.
Tie the long poles centered on the rack or on the fender just behind the seat if you don't have a rack.

·
Registered
81 Posts
quarter the elk and toss it on a sled? or I helped a 72 year old man haul out an elk on one of those carts. It wasn't too hard but we were headed down hill the whole time ;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
About the worse you could do to the bike is burn out the clutch if you slipped it a lot.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
i three-uped a 50cc scooter a couple of times... i'd think the t-dub could handle that for short distances.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts