TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope everyone is doing well. Ive just purchased my first tw200, and it would seem an odd thing to do, if you knew me but I think I have good reasons! Ive been riding dirt bikes all my life, but now Im older, Im not looking to ride faster, or longer or harder, but enjoy being out and cruising.

I'll be using it at the vintage trail rides and vintage events we have here, and I be using it 100% off road. It has taken me some time to find an old one (red and black 88) so I can be eligible for the vintage dirt events. The problem here is the custom bike scene is huge, and small unusual japanese bikes are being made into cafe racers. So you cant find original ones!

So the bike I have bought is a custom being returned by the builder to stock. Ill show before and after pics when its done. I think Im doing something different, most people would think that's backwards!!

Any tips for improvement on dirt performance welcome! And wish rain for us, its so dry in Northern Australia now. Thanks for reading
Peter

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome Roostfezza! And that is pretty cool bringing a TW back to stock, a lot of us mod our TWs so if there are some hard to get parts in your neck of the woods, it's worth a post on here.

Definitely throw some pictures up.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome buddy! Wow, you just gave me way-back deja vu! In 1983 I was ready to sell all and pack up and move from WA USA to Queensland AU. Met a guy named Manuel Romero who's father owned the biggest shipping CO, in the area and he assured me of big bucks, lots of ladies, and lots of sun. Happy to say I stayed here an married, still barely survived malignant Melanoma so know it would have been worse down under, but good on you! Just embrace the low performance, it will make you cooler.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Welcome! Share some pics of your trail riding. Love to see the terrain! Lots of good folks and great deal of knowledge to be shared. This forum has saved my backside more than once. Here is Lucille, outfitted for hunting in the backcountry in the State of Idaho, U.S.A.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome and good luck! The retro "un-mod" is a great idea. Have fun and be safe!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts