TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys: Am a little sick because there was a 2009 g650gs in I think great condition(super low miles and with luggage, etc.)in Damascus,Md. for 4,500. Came on line on 12/2 and being 4.5/5 hrs. from me, needed a friend to check it out. The price was so far under the bikes worth, I almost just purchased blind, but I'm too old and all to chance that. Am doing deep breathing now at having lost this bike. Closest to this I can get now is a 2011 closer, but near it's average at 6K +. This bike is better than the KLR in my opinion, in seating height being 31 or so and even more power. Again, a dual sport "Adventure" bike but light enough for moderate off road, and with ABS and heated hand grips standard.

The title should read: BMW G650GS (okay)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Well, DOGONIT, I think you did the right thing. I'd always rather bitch about the price I paid for something than the quality nof what I got. Also, I'm not a religeous man, but when I lose a deal like this, I figure "it was meant to be". So cheer up. Something BETTER will come along!

Will

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There will be bigger and better deals to come.

That price sounded too good to be true anyway.

Don't sweat it.
Hi Smitty: I actually had some interaction with the guy as I was probably one of the first to see the AD on Cycle Trader. I actually was the idiot who got him to post the picts, which then everyone could see it was a legit sale from some well off dude in upper Montgomery County, Md. The best deals always come on used anything from well off places. You don't buy used ATV's, Pickups, or Motorcyles at any discount in the "Outback", unless they are broken or very well used.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
My hobby is collecting bikes. I cannot tell you how many of the "holy grail" deals I've missed. Some of them by minutes.

There's always another deal to be had.
Sometimes you get lucky.
My TW was a freaken steal. The bike had 2400 miles on it and was never ridden through a puddle. Drove from here to Rochester NY 5 hours one way to get it.
All I did was wait and not look at anything unless it was perfect. The bike was actually BETTER than the pictures.

You have to sit on Craigslist or ebay and pounce when you find the right one.

Hi Smitty: I actually had some interaction with the guy as I was probably one of the first to see the AD on Cycle Trader. I actually was the idiot who got him to post the picts, which then everyone could see it was a legit sale from some well off dude in upper Montgomery County, Md. The best deals always come on used anything from well off places. You don't buy used ATV's, Pickups, or Motorcyles at any discount in the "Outback", unless they are broken or very well used.

·
Registered
648 Posts
My hobby is collecting bikes. I cannot tell you how many of the "holy grail" deals I've missed. Some of them by minutes.

There's always another deal to be had.
Sometimes you get lucky.
My TW was a freaken steal. The bike had 2400 miles on it and was never ridden through a puddle. Drove from here to Rochester NY 5 hours one way to get it.
All I did was wait and not look at anything unless it was perfect. The bike was actually BETTER than the pictures.

You have to sit on Craigslist or ebay and pounce when you find the right one.
I live in Rochester. Wish we could have met

1 - 9 of 9 Posts