TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home last night and clicked on Craigslist. Saw a 2001 TW with 2400 miles for $1200! It was posted 3 hours earlier. Jumped on the phone. The guy said someone had just finished loading it up in their truck and he was watching it drive away. Dang!! He said he knew he was low balling it but I guess he just needed to get it gone.:subdued:

·
Registered
19,405 Posts
Wasn’t me! I would have been right over waving cash before Rider21 got there.
Instead I got distracted by the Craigslist adds looking for rent-a-protesters to attend our president’s visit today.:p

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
YUP! Just what I always try to tell everyone. If you are wanting to buy a TW and looking for a great bargain you have to be ready with cash and able to drop what ever you are doing and go run.

It never fails when I am selling one, even if I am asking top dollar, I get the calls from the guy who wants it real bad but has to get a bank loan or permission from his wife or mother. I have not had one of the 7 TWs I sold on CL for more than a day.

Read my signature!

GaryL

·
Registered
190 Posts
Rider21 dang that good deal didn't last long. Do you know if the thing was running? I know the Dub I have now I learned to ride on. I'd like to get a second bike running or not, cheap bike I could completely tear down so I could learn how things work inside the machine and I could take my time putting back together. Just wrench for the fun of it to learn.:icon_salut::tongue3:

·
Registered
19,405 Posts
Once you put it back together you could teach Patty to ride it.
I’ll keep an eye out for salvageable TWs for you.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Rider21 dang that good deal didn't last long. Do you know if the thing was running? I know the Dub I have now I learned to ride on. I'd like to get a second bike running or not, cheap bike I could completely tear down so I could learn how things work inside the machine and I could take my time putting back together. Just wrench for the fun of it to learn.:icon_salut::tongue3:
And as you put it back together you could do upgrades -- longer stroke crank, bigger piston with higher compression, maybe a 6 speed, etc. It would become your favorite TW and the one you have and ride and love now would become neglected.

·
Registered
190 Posts
And as you put it back together you could do upgrades -- longer stroke crank, bigger piston with higher compression, maybe a 6 speed, etc. It would become your favorite TW and the one you have and ride and love now would become neglected.
I could see that happening it kind of takes pride of ownership to a new level. These bikes seem just a tad underpowered at times. I know I catch my self going for that fantom 6th gear all the time. I think I t's probably one of the best bikes to learn about how bike engines work wear out and so on. I miss the ''wrench rides''.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts