1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
That's remarkable bro!! Wow!!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Amazing recovery. Bless all those who gave of themselves to give that dog another chance at life!

My moral dilemma with these wonderful stories is this. With the love, time, money and effort these people put into that dog how many human lives could have been saved/improved? Please realize I love animals "dogs more than most" but shouldn't we show this kind of love and compassion to humans who are suffering first? I do not espouse to know the Godly answer to this question but I know what my gut is telling me.

Thank you for sharing this Cro. Even though I am conflicted, it was a fantastic reminder of the good that can be found in people from all over the world.

Tom

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I am pretty sure that in the "book of life" caring for animals is NOT going to be in the negative column:D

Tom

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Thanks for that Cro, that may be the best "animal vid" I've seen in a long time.
I'm still smiling for that courageous dog, and those who saved him.
A good boy...

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Amazing

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'll have to take your word for it on the stories of those dogs. I can not handle seeing any dog suffering. Those commercials on TV, I can't change the channel fast enough. If I were to ever win a lottery like the big power-ball, I'd give it to the shelters.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I'll have to take your word for it on the stories of those dogs. I can not handle seeing any dog suffering. Those commercials on TV, I can't change the channel fast enough. If I were to ever win a lottery like the big power-ball, I'd give it to the shelters.
These vids are hard to watch, but if you will just gut it through, the outcomes are good enough to far outweigh the bad parts.
Thanks for the vids, Croatoan!
Time to go join my wife under the warm covers with our sweet little pound-pooch!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts

Reactions: Darth

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I won't watch the videos either! I would however watch the executions of those responsible with pleasure.

As far as donating to shelters I will give fair warning that you make sure the money goes to where it is used for the intended purpose of saving dogs rather than in the pockets of the scam ASPCA where a few pennies of every dollar actually go to the animals. Around here the best option is to drop a bag of kibble at the shelter every so often just so the shelter operators are not out partying on your dimes.

GaryL

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
It is a good idea to be careful what charitable organizations you donate to. Some pay lavish salaries and have high overhead so that little actually gets to those who need it most. The 501 C3 no-kill cat rescue coop I work with is fully volunteer run. No one gets a salary. Not even the director. In fact it cost volunteers money to volunteer. We love it when people donate money, but the thing that we need most and have the hardest time getting is people's time. Giving your time and love is worth more than money. Well, we like the money and never get enough of that either, but getting people to donate time to the rescue is the hardest part. I probably shouldn't post a request for donations so I wont but if you want to check out our website you might find a link to a paypal account where people can donate money. Cat A Do Cat Co-op: Phoenix Cat Adoptions and Rescue and our facebook site https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cat-A-Do/178120642213474 I didn't start this as a ploy to get donations so please do not make a donation, ok?
This thread has already been expensive enough!!!:)!!!

Tom

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Croatoan, you are a good man.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Reactions: Darth

·
Registered
936 Posts
These vids are hard to watch, but if you will just gut it through, the outcomes are good enough to far outweigh the bad parts.
Kinda like how it feels so great when you stop hitting yourself on the head with a hammer? No thanks. They will just remind me of all the many other times that don't end great and that the story shouldn't have happened in the first place.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I won't watch the videos either! I would however watch the executions of those responsible with pleasure.

As far as donating to shelters I will give fair warning that you make sure the money goes to where it is used for the intended purpose of saving dogs rather than in the pockets of the scam ASPCA where a few pennies of every dollar actually go to the animals. Around here the best option is to drop a bag of kibble at the shelter every so often just so the shelter operators are not out partying on your dimes.

GaryL
I'm with you. I wouldn't hesitate to put a halt to anyone I caught harming any animal, but with dogs, I'm likely to do a bit more and put a halt to them permanently.

We take our grand kids to the local shelter regularly to check up on the animals and volunteer time to hold kittens and puppies so they are acclimated to being handled. We do some of the chores too. I ask the staff what they need and I purchase it for them. That way, I know where my money goes. What they do with the savings, I can only hope goes towards other costs. Last month I had their 1000 gallon propane tank filled on my account.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts