TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Super excited, just put down a deposit for a loaded 2008 Versys! Already planning on taking it to CO next summer and hopefully Alaska in 2015!

No worries, keeping the TW too!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
You know the rules. This goes in "off topic and other bikes". But congrats... I'd have gone with a strom.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know the rules. This goes in "off topic and other bikes". But congrats... I'd have gone with a strom.
I could have sworn I put it there, no?

I considered the v-storm 650 but landed on the Versys in the end. I like the looks and the sportiness and the fact that it's still a great touring bike.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I went and picked up the bike this weekend. It was an odd feeling running 80 down the interstate and still being able to accelerate up the hills! I'm definitely liking it so far, fixing to go for a ride during my lunch hour!

And here it is with its baby brother!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nice combo. I really am liking my new Vstrom and the TW is a nice compliment.

·
Registered
566 Posts
You'll probably enjoy the snot out of that bike. I had an '09 650R which, as I understand it, is the same bike with different suspension and plastics. That was a fun, good running bike.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You'll probably enjoy the snot out of that bike. I had an '09 650R which, as I understand it, is the same bike with different suspension and plastics. That was a fun, good running bike.
I've always liked the 650R, which is what led me to this bike. This definitely suites my riding style better than the 650R but they're pretty similar

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I've put over 1000 miles on it the last two weeks, should have another 1500-2000 by the end of October. I'm freaking loving this thing so far. Comfortable, just enough power, handles good on dirt roads. I'm getting antsy waiting on June to roll around so I can load it up and head to Colorado! Looking to put a new front tire on it in the next few months, probably going to go with a TKC 80. Should handle really well on dirt at that point.

·
Registered
566 Posts
That's great to hear. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think the Avon Distanzia is a popular choice for that bike. With a 17" front it has its limitations and it may be better to enhance dirt but keep its fine road manners. Just a thought. I have bounced the ideas around with my new Vstrom and while the aggressive off road tires look cool the reality is its a dirt road bike at most and more so an urban assault vehicle that I jump curbs and such.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've looked at that tire too as it's pretty similar to the shinko 705. These bikes are definitely more for the street, but from what I've seen this one will take me where I'm wanting to go. I was between a DR650 and the versys with this purchase and I'm happy with my choice. I may try to find an older DR650 just to have it around.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts