TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the clutch discs. What a job. The frame is made so you can take a piece out of it to pull the cover off. Just getting to it requires taking off the pipes, brake assy, and off course the frame member. The discs didn't look that bad, I was surprised. Oh well, the new ones are in it now and it seems to be fine.

Also put a set of 6in risers with a 11/2 pullback on. Had to do a small adjustment as the bars couldn't go fully to the left and right without touching the speedometer bezel. Had to drill out the mounting holes to 1/2 inch and tilt the riser forward just a bit. Nice to be able to sit up straight with the bars back comfortably. As my left arm does not straighten out all the way it will sure make a difference on long rides.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I've got the clutch parts for my 1600 in the garage. Waiting for the next oil change to rip into it. Clutch cover is not obstructed by anything fortunately.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I currently have a Vulcan 750 in my shop that belongs to a friend who let it sit with Ethanol gas of a 1 1/2. I had gotten it to run OK but, I'm waiting on a battery before I road test, the old Batt. will only turn over for about 2-3 sec before it needs another charge.

If the carbs have to come off, he will have to take to indie or the dealer, cause I aint doing it for free and I don't know enough to charge him. I would tackle it if it was mine but, it's not and I'm glad it's not.

Reactions: Smitty Blackstone
1 - 4 of 4 Posts