TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i waited years to buy a new TW200, in 2014 i bought a new (i think) 2013. put some costume stuff on it, digital dash, skidplat, tubes and big amg battery,
but all so had kids, moved, work got busy. sh*t only put 300mi on it, so much for weekend bike camping.

I know i should sell it but what is the future of the TW ? mine is perfect just what i wanted, is it worth more to keep it for a fue years or sell and start over i can get more ride time when kids get older.
HUMMMM drink about it.

·
Super Moderator
5,312 Posts
Moth ball it - that way you don't have to start from scratch ....... (wish I'd done the same to some of my bikes in the past ) .......

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Everyone always regrets it when they have sold one. ;)

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
sell it to me when I'm in your area this week I love 2014's lol - no really I'd hold on to it if it's paid for and it's not your last cash on earth it will hold it's vale better than most any other bike you can own

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Finances aside, you made it your bike and like it. I would keep it in my stable and keep it ready to roll. There will be those days when you can hop a quick ride and blow off some of the steam from your head and the dust on the bike. The only good reason to sell a TW if money is not the issue is because you can no longer enjoy riding due to health issues.

I would seek and find pure non ethanol gas to keep the tank filled right to the top with a double dose of Sea Foam in it. Keep the battery on a good tender and fire it up for at least 5 minutes every few weeks or a month. This of course providing you have safe indoor storage for it. If you must leave it sitting out side or in the elements at all then just sell it now.

GaryL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i had my 71 triumph Bonneville in the living room for a fue years it finely made it to the second string storage garage where its starting to go to sh*t.
may be both bikes should hit the auction block

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Finances aside, you made it your bike and like it. I would keep it in my stable and keep it ready to roll. There will be those days when you can hop a quick ride and blow off some of the steam from your head and the dust on the bike. The only good reason to sell a TW if money is not the issue is because you can no longer enjoy riding due to health issues.

I would seek and find pure non ethanol gas to keep the tank filled right to the top with a double dose of Sea Foam in it. Keep the battery on a good tender and fire it up for at least 5 minutes every few weeks or a month. This of course providing you have safe indoor storage for it. If you must leave it sitting out side or in the elements at all then just sell it now.

GaryL
THIS!!

The only thing I would add is to pull your battery if it is going to sit for looooong periods of time.

The TW by nature has a utilitarian design. This actually lends its self to be left sitting (If maintained as above) for long periods of time between uses. It will be a popular bike for many years to come, and if well preserved can always be sold at a future date for a fair / good price. Or better yet used by you at some point in the future. m.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts