TW200 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I can't imagine any of it makes a difference for this bike and tire.

But I can imagine a huge difference in stress on the tire during braking between front and rear. Try a panic stop from highway speed using only the rear brake and then do it with only the front brake.

The front brake can work much harder than the rear, as evidenced by the difference on stopping difference.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Which lead me to a nicely written blog from someone named Gina about finding a tw helped her with her grief and here I am with a TW too.
Guessing that would be Gina-Marie aka Purple People Eater when she was on this forum - who was married to Russ aka lizrdbrth on this forum (RIP).

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
........ a nicely written blog from someone named Gina about finding a tw helped her with her grief .....
Mrs. Lizrdbrth...a member here for a while:

Mr. (Russ) and Mrs. (Gina):

jb

Reactions: TW-Brian and Purple

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'll dig out the calipers and soft tape after a bit and get some specifics on the 4.60 tire for the record keepers in the group. I went with the oddball to keep the weight down closer to the factory tire weight. This was 2lbs heavier where as the 4.50 was I think five pounds heavier.
The 4.60 has a smaller casing but longer knobs then the 4.50.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've almost finished the main thread and several of the other longer ones. I'm about halfway thru all the blog stories too. I was reading thru the first several hundred pages and was getting excited to get to know this Lzrd that had all these great ideas and skill, and then the group call for action came up and I was like, wait a minute... I think this might be the lady from the blog... Then yep sure enough.
The really really really odd but coincidental thing about this was I caught up to those pages on the anniversary of my wife's passing... So I took that as a sign and finally created an account so I could post and ask questions. And contact members to buy cool things 😉😉😉

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Ok measurements... At 18psi factory pressure
Casing width - 3 15/16"
Tread width - 4 3/8"
Edge of rim to end of tips of center treads - 3&15/16"
Circumference - 84 3/4"

And another pic to see tire curvature

And fork to tread

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Quick five mile ride on road in rain and 40° . Way better. Just right at 55, a little wobbly at idle but not as wobbly as the OEM. Did good on the wet road. When I attempted to very mildly push my luck, the rear wanted to let go before the K270.
Too rainy to go trail riding at the moment for my blood. Probably tomorrow.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That looks about perfect, more rounded than the Shinko GB 5.10. The 4.60 is a 4 ply, the 4.50 is 6 ply with a higher load rating so in theory the 4.60 should be a more compliant tire. It still needs to be scrubbed in before you can really know how well it with ride on pavement. Especially in the cold and wet, be careful!

Reactions: MaddMaverick

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quick five mile ride on road in rain and 40° . Way better. Just right at 55, a little wobbly at idle but not as wobbly as the OEM. Did good on the wet road. When I attempted to very mildly push my luck, the rear wanted to let go before the K270.
Too rainy to go trail riding at the moment for my blood. Probably tomorrow.
One more question Mav, where did you get this tire? The 4.50 is less common than the 4.60. Also I remembered I put these on my old DRZ400 and they were awesome off road, way more than 40% dirt they advertise.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
One more question Mav, where did you get this tire?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts