TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I lost one of my sets of keys, and now my other set is in lost luggage with British Airways somewhere between here and Ankara. What is the process to replace keys? I don't know if I'll ever see my keys/luggage again...

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you bought the bike new, or have all the original owner's paperwork, you might have the key numbers written down somewhere in your paperwork (or maybe little metal tags that sometimes accompany the keys, and contain the key numbers). If you have the numbers, a dealer can probably order the replacement keys for you (and maybe even a locksmith could do it too). good luck.

Corey

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the paperwork came with the manual and a page to write in the key number. Note to all owners, take the time to write this number down! I guess I will wait for the luggage to reappear. I use the bike for commuting year round, and have a week or two yet before heading to work. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nothing to do with your keys Kula Khan....but your Avatar!!!!

OMFGG!!!, what happened??? ....actually, I can see what happened but was it your bike? How far did you get catapulted???

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing to do with your keys Kula Khan....but your Avatar!!!!

OMFGG!!!, what happened??? ....actually, I can see what happened but was it your bike? How far did you get catapulted???
Thanks for the concern, but the pic is just one I came across in a forum. If you research, you will find the details of the true story, but as I recall the rider was not injured. The pic convinced me to get a cyclerack for my '05, a choice I have not regretted. I may change the Avatar after awhile, but I think it is a cool pic so i use it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
British Airways found my luggage and the key was in it. They shipped it to my son in Tucson and he is mailing it home. I will order a second as soon as I have it in hand. Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
British Airways found my luggage and the key was in it. They shipped it to my son in Tucson and he is mailing it home. I will order a second as soon as I have it in hand. Thanks for the help.

Yamaha keys are as easy to cut as any. Many of the biggerr locksmith comapanies stock motorcycle blanks. Much, much chesper than Yamaha keys.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes, the paperwork came with the manual and a page to write in the key number. Note to all owners, take the time to write this number down! I guess I will wait for the luggage to reappear. I use the bike for commuting year round, and have a week or two yet before heading to work. Thanks for the suggestion.

And when that suitcase does reappear - take the key and make at least four spares. Of those four nail one to a wall of a shop where you park your TW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts