TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
In 2001, they don't have a kick start. But you can buy the kit and install one. My 2009 had one installed by PO and came in handy for me once in just shy of 3 months of owning the bike.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Oh, then in that case, you can order the parts you need separately for an older Tw or XT225 I think are the same. GaryL just listed a kit in the Classifieds section, but may have sold by now. If kit isn't availible, you can still get all the parts I would thing. Where there's a will, there's a way.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm on the list at Bay Area Yamaha out in Oregon. They said they will call me when they get more-and they did expect more coming in. Should be about 4 weeks out now. Call or email Ben and get your name on that list. Not sure of the #, just google "Bay Area Yamaha" and it'll come up.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm on the list at Bay Area Yamaha out in Oregon. They said they will call me when they get more-and they did expect more coming in. Should be about 4 weeks out now. Call or email Ben and get your name on that list. Not sure of the #, just google "Bay Area Yamaha" and it'll come up.
Hi Hikerglenn: In the mean time just be sure to keep a good trickle charge on your battery. For such a low compression engine, I would like a kick start(not take your leg off), but if you maintain battery I don't think as a 200+ add on it is necessary. Of course it might depend on how far you were from whatever relief. I might and might not add it at so time, but as light as it is I think I could jump it.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
From what I've seen, the XT kit was discontinued in August. One of the reasons why I couldn't let GaryL's kit get away! :p

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I ordered 3 kits from webbike in japan back in Sept and they are no longer available from webbike either. I'm glad i got them when i did.

Looking on rocky mountain ATV the individual parts are still available so a kit could be pieced together in theory. The cost will be much higher, i priced it up at almost $400.

·
Registered
297 Posts
dogonit-ya, nobody NEEDS one, i just want one! I've bump-started it several times in 2nd and 3rd gear and it was easy. But... what if the battery takes a dump and i'm at the bottom of a hill? Besides- they LOOK cool!

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
is it just a rumour or is the tw kick start discontinued?
The XT225 kits are no longer offered from Yamaha as a kit (3RW-W0795-00-00) but it does appear that all the individual parts are still available at least for now. It's hard to tell if the parts are still being made or if we are just siphoning out the remaining discontinued parts (why would they continue to make the parts of they stop making the kit?)

So far the TW 200 kick crank boss is still in good supply but again are they still making them or are we just burning off existing supply?

Bay Area Yamaha has had an uncanny ability to deliver kits when they are hard to find anywhere else so let's hope they can still deliver

Moral of the story IMO is get them while you can any way you can because by this time next year I think they will be extremely rare items

Yamaha USA warehouse currently has Zero - Yamaha Japan warehouse currently has Zero

There's still a jillion pre 2001 TW's out there we can rob the kick starters from but that's a labor intensive way to get one and usually not free :dispirited:

Hopefully the TW350, 6 speed FI , ATV tired with factory kick starter is in the works for 2016 so we won't need any stinking kick start kits :p

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I guess somebody needs to tell Bay Area Yamaha that instead of making "waiting lists" they just need to call a Yamaha dealer !

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
-J- , you will surprised how quickly the installation goes if you do it yourself once you scrape of the old gasket off. That is almost as hard as finding the kit itself. :grommit:

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Ok , so what is the part number needed to get the parts from Cali .....and then , what is the part number for the needed "boss" ?. TIA

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is why i held out for a 2000.. Dont need the disc up front... Only makes a diff if you get wet for stopping power... Lets face it,,, we are talkin 200 cc bikes here , and i think most us use them for short commute or trail riding.. Just my 2 cents... These are good bikes, just use a battery tender while not in use and u should be fine ...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Or ,,,,, go 225,,,, its not as cool but i loved mine..... more Hp, 6 Speed , Kick / E Start and Disk !!! Was going to do a tdub rear swing and rear frame mod for a Tdub wheel and atv tire... But sold it to a kid who needed a Dual Sport to work on his dads farm.. Still might do it if i find a 225 cheep... I just thought it would be a great Combo Custom.. Best of all worlds.... haaaa haaaa
IMG_0777.JPG

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just got mine in. I'm going to wait 'till the clutch needs work but I wanted to the kit while the getting is good. Also ordered the TW "boss".

I called a Yamaha dealer and confirmed that they ship from "the warehouse". I ordered from Yamaha of Cucamonga, just so I could have a postmark from Rancho Cucamonga. :D

Not exactly a postmark, but...

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Thanks TW2013 , but just found out today , my complete tw200 kit shipped from Bay Area , I put up a thread.......some folks arn't answering their phones and other folks on the list are being called .

1 - 20 of 39 Posts