TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a TW200 kick start with out a battery? The guy i bought my 99 TW200 from said if my battery is completely dead the bike wont start. He said i have to install something for the bike to start even with out a battery. Is that true? Thanks Island

·
Registered
186 Posts
Can a TW200 kick start with out a battery? The guy i bought my 99 TW200 from said if my battery is completely dead the bike wont start. He said i have to install something for the bike to start even with out a battery. Is that true? Thanks Island

I have a 98 and can kick start my bike after a few cranks and it will run. You may not have lights if the battery will not charge. If it does not start with the kick starter then there is another issue that needs to be addressed.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
fill the battery with distilled water and kick it to life. Ride as you wish. No harm will be done. If the battery is toast, it won't hold a charge, and you'll be kicking the bike for a while, but it will run just fine. If the battery isn't toast, and there are no other problems, it will take a charge. Doesn't matter one way or another if you don't mind kicking it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No i prefer kick start but if there is no charge on the battery i can get it to run(turn on).

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
If the battery is bad it serves as a heat sink to absorb excess charge. The battery does not have to be any good for the bike to run. A battery eliminator kit is nothing but a resistor with a heat sink.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts