TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read most of the posts on the subject and while I agree that the best way is to weld something to it, I do not own welding gear, nor do I have the skills or know someone who can weld. So plan B would be a hockey puck excavated in the center to accommodate the foot. Filling such excavation with JB Weld, sticking the puck on the kickstand foot and letting it cure for 48 hours with the weight of the bike on it. Does anyone see anything wrong with the idea? Thank you for any suggestions.

·
Registered
795 Posts
drill some holes and scres some 3/4 plywood to the bottom of your stand. It sounds hokey but its cheap and easy and your done in a few minutes. It literally works just fine and you wont know the difference. ask me how I know. If you use a hockey puck or something similar your kick stand will always fall down which is a real danger and inconvenience. Ask me how I know. Also you can buy a cheap flux core welder for 95 dollars on amazon or a good one for 225.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
How do you buy a box of hockey pucks by accident?

·
Registered
19,215 Posts
Buying a hundred cases of your favorite scotch would have been better.

For a few years I used a gate valve handle like those depicted by TW Brian for the sand of Moab. The through bolt & lock nut I used for fastening kept getting loose so welding it on would have been a better solution. Once a little loose the valve handle could turn when parked on sloping rock faces which was somewhat disconcerting at times.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are wrong, you do know people who weld and I would gladly do it for you BUT I don’t think it is necessary.
I don’t think a kickstand is even needed on such a well balanced bike.
View attachment 200450
Lemme know if you really need that burned on, I’m north of you in OC.
Beautiful photo!
Thank you so much for your offer, u r very kind. However, to inconvenience you for such an unimportant matter is silly, as I may or may not go thru with it. But I would like to keep your offer for something that really needs to b done or that I really would like to have., if it’s ok.
Thank you again for your kindness.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts