TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

(I’m reposting this- i’ve posted it last week)

On my Honda CRF 110 I removed the stock kickstand and added a red aluminum kickstand. It came with a 3” lever that sticks out and makes it very easy to put the kickstand down. The kickstand is adjustable, but it just didn’t seem right for the TW200.

When coming to a stop on my TW200, my left foot searches for the kickstand and after the second or third try, my boot slides down the spring and finally pushes the kickstand to the ground. I want to add a “helper lever”, so I purchased a:
Aluminium Handlebar Cellphone Bracket Grip Ball Base for about $10

I installed it on the TW200 kickstand and it works well.

I thought it was going to be the size of a RAM mount ball, but it was considerably smaller. Even so, it does the job.

I doubt the bracket will break if it hits something, it’s more likely to rotate on the kickstand tube steel.

·
Registered
185 Posts
He's saying that when he's stopped and wants to use the side stand, it's hard to find with your boot. I agree. I often have to look and then hunt around with my toe.
Compared to other bikes I've rode, I also find the side stand somewhat awkward to deploy

·
Registered
449 Posts
Might be OK for street riders but off-road that Ram mount is begging to get whacked and the force will be perpendicular to it's plane of rotation. I could use a nubbin of some sort bolted or welded to the kickstand too but it would have to be able to ramp up over rocks, roots and small furry animals.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I thought the knob that holds the return spring was dual purpose. That's why mine has no paint left on it. Have a loop on the BMW that collects way too much vegetation. But it is easy to deploy.

Reactions: Fred and robmcc
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.