TW200 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
If I remember, I will take a picture of the stock and XT250 side by side tomorrow.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Still waiting for someone to post the xt225 kickstand length.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Center of mounting bolt to center of stand pad is about 12 1/2".
Dam, the xt225 and xt250 use the same exact kickstand. I wonder why it is working for some and too long for others? My bike is definitely too unstable with this kickstand.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Maybe the mounting point on your bike is bent. Is it a tab welded to the frame tube?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Remember that the side stand is at an angle to the frame, so a couple inches of extra length does not amount to very much vertical change to the posture of the bike. If others are making it work, it will probably work for you, too.

If you need it shorter, it will be better to shorten it by cutting and releasing a foot on, than to bend it. Bending will cause the stand to protrude from the bike when folded up.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yea like I said I had it on the bike twice and it was almost upright. I wish I had a welder to cut off half an inch and reweld the foot on.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Remember that the side stand is at an angle to the frame, so a couple inches of extra length does not amount to very much vertical change to the posture of the bike. If others are making it work, it will probably work for you, too.
If you look at both our pictures, we have different frames. My kickstand bolts just underneath my chain while yours is inches below. I see other differences in the frame too. Mine is a 2001. Unless that isn't a TW in your picture.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If you look at both our pictures, we have different frames. My kickstand bolts just underneath my chain while yours is inches below. I see other differences in the frame too. Mine is a 2001. Unless that isn't a TW in your picture.
It's a '94 XT225.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Maybe thats why they did it. Im not sure. It would seem to fit with the low seat height and the easy listening lifestyle that goes along with the tw and its target audience.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts