TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
If you can locate one it really is a great upgrade you can do to a TW. In fact one of the very few bikes made by any manufacturer that you can still do this too.

You can still source all the parts separately if you can't buy a complete kit. With the exception of the kickstarter (and maybe the "boss") itself. Folds in differently than the XT225 kicker that these kits were originally made for.

Registered
... added... I only needed to see someone in the deep woods once with an in-op magic button to appreciate the kickstarter as a back-up. And you don't have to be in the woods for that to happen.

Registered
When I learned these did not come with a kick starter, I bought the kick starter, then shopped for the bike. AAA will not pick you up in the deep parts of the one tracks in the Upper Peninsula. Thank you Placerlode in 2015..

Registered
Sorry for the picture. Couldn't get the link to paste. It is tw-parts.com . Just hit the English flag to translate. Scroll to engine. Click on starters. Scroll to kickstarter. It's where I got mine. Complete kit with gasket. Great to deal with. Answered questions in a timely manner. Remember different time zones than USA.

Registered
Wow,
$417 smackers! Seems a bit on the high side. But, what kind-a price does one put on stranded? I'm gonna have to think about this little addition/mod/accessory.
Scott

Registered
Anyone else see the tw-parts.com kickstarterkit for 170 euro right above the Yamaha kit... thoughts?

EDIT: it's the xt225 kit, kinda hard to see the kick lever, not sure if it's the XT or the TW because of the way the shaft clamp is sitting. Still worth it for the price?

Registered
So I've been emailing with Sebastian from tw-parts.com and the $170 version are made by a Yamaha licensed manufacturer, so not genuine Yamaha. He mentioned that he's had some folks buy them and use them over a year so far and there haven't been any issues. I'm sure he wants to make money as much as I want a kickstarter so... taken with a grain of salt.

I'm gonna be the gineau pig here and pull the trigger on the cheaper kit, just gotta see if he accepts anything other than PayPal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts