TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Really looking forward to the pictures...,.
Have a great day
mike

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Welp... UPS transferred it to the post office... so if it doesn't show up today, I guess it'll be here Monday.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Whereabouts did you find this on his site? I’m having some trouble. Only seeing the Yamaha kit north of $400.
On the website, go to Engine Parts>Starter, Kick Start.

You have to click on "engine parts" for that menu to expand, then scroll past the starters and down to the kick start kits.

·
Registered
26 Posts
On the website, go to Engine Parts>Starter, Kick Start.

You have to click on "engine parts" for that menu to expand, then scroll past the starters and down to the kick start kits.

View attachment 207175
Wonderful, thanks! Especially embarrassing as German is my native language. Maybe it was just too late last night.

Are you planning on removing the starter engine entirely for weight gain? I sort of like the idea of having both options while touring.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Wonderful, thanks! Especially embarrassing as German is my native language. Maybe it was just too late last night.

Are you planning on removing the starter engine entirely for weight gain? I sort of like the idea of having both options while touring.
No plans on removing the starter or electronic start controls, the kickstart was really recommended to me for cold starts, and in the event there is a short in the battery or electrical system, I'd still have a way to start the bike aside from push starting.

·
Registered
156 Posts
TWBigBlake I know this is off topic but since there is a lull in the action.
How do you like your shorty adjustable levers from fxcnc ?
You have had them for awhile .. How about a quick review.
Mike

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
TWBigBlake I know this is off topic but since there is a lull in the action.
How do you like your shorty adjustable levers from fxcnc ?
You have had them for awhile .. How about a quick review.
Mike
Lol, asthetically, and the lever size and shape is perfect, I like the adjustability even though it makes little difference with the friction zone being so far towards the ends of the clutch lever pull. I really do like them.

I do have one small beef and that's the slop in the handle itself, they don't have that solid rigid feel that factory levers or quality levers have. They have some wiggle vertically, but it's the milling, you can't tighten the levers to stop it. But that's the perfectionist wanting all things to be perfect.

All things considered, I've never had any failures when using them, they haven't created any dangerous situations. I'd buy them again unless I found something better.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well, I'm on the road until Wednesday installing equipment for work, and I was informed by my girlfriend that the lever was delivered. Sorry guys, a couple more days until an update.

Blame UPS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Great information here on adding a kick stater to the XT225, I searched www.tw-parts.com and no luck finding the kit, I would love to buy a replica kit as stated by TWBigBlake. Anyway someone could share a possible link to purchase it?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jay. Here is the page you are looking for on tw-parts:

Kickstarter

Sebastian is a forum member and is very helpful and knowledgeable, he really knows his stuff.

Tell him littletommy sent ya... 😉

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Wish they were cheaper.
Yeah, but it is what it is. They can be hard to find sometimes. The first time you are twenty miles from nowhere and need it, you will feel like you got a bargain rather than leaving a bike in the backcountry and walking...🦁🐯🐻(lions, tigers and bears)

👣👣👣👣👣

Reactions: Workingman

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah, but it is what it is. They can be hard to find sometimes. The first time you are twenty miles from nowhere and need it, you will feel like you got a bargain rather than leaving a bike in the backcountry and walking...🦁🐯🐻(lions, tigers and bears)

👣👣👣👣👣
OOOHHHHHHHHH MMMYYYYYYYY

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Ok, long post coming, sorry ahead of time. Just lots of pictures to address questions and concerns.

First up, lever comparison, excuse the dirt, had to take off after a day of riding and haven't had a chance to wash this dirty girl up yet:

The filthy one on the right came with the clone kit from Sebastian. Even though it's not a perfect fit, it doesn't interfere with your leg, and seats properly on the Kickstarter shaft.

Clone lever installed

Clone lever boss depth on Kickstarter shaft:

New lever fully seated, take a look at the teeth located only on one side of the boss (inside) as well as the teeth on the shaft. The teeth from the boss can't go further on the smooth portion of the shaft to seat fully or it has nothing to grip:

This is the Yamaha lever I ordered (now seeing while it sits against the bike better, the clone really wasn't that bad, save yourself money, keep the clone, it's fine:

Now during the install, just undo the rear brake rod, take the wingnut off, and move the rod out of the way, you can snake your tools in behind it:

Now tighten down the bolt, torque to spec:

And for everyone worrying about the space where the boss isn't holding onto anything... check this out...

drumroll please:

The plug makes it look all pretty once you're done getting the lever on and cussing trying to get the pinch bolt threaded and torqued down.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I saw a couple plastic caps in my kit, but it didn't register until I saw this, thats definitely a plug in the end of the kick boss:

Here's a couple more pictures of different angles of the install:

Sorry it took so long, been traveling for work this week.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for posting pics and your thoughts. I was hoping to find some useful info on Sebastian kits...and there it is!
I just have a couple of questions for Sebastian on the paypal info and I am ordering one up for me!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Heck with it. I'm keeping the clone! Thanks TWBigBlake!

Reactions: TWBigBlake
21 - 40 of 46 Posts